5 Posts

Cyclades: Monuments» Forums » Rules

Subject: Great cidadel of ares - Perseus Sacrificial power. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Trindade
Brazil
flag msg tools
Can I invade a island with the great cidadel of ares using the perseus sacrificial power?

The rule says: Can't be invade through the ar ( pegasus). Nothing saying about perseus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Red
United States
flag msg tools
mb
We've always played it as being unable to invade. Course, official ruling would be nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vena
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Edited in response to official ruling. Areas protected by this Citadel are REALLY protected and cannot be invaded in any way. whistle

I would think the rule is yes you can invade it using Perseus. The full rule as written is (my bolding):

As long as 1 or more of your troops are stationed on this territory, it cannot be invaded by sea, land (Titans) or air(Pegasus). However, this territory remains affected by other effects (Harpy, etc.)

So to me it's very clear that Pegasus cannot be used (this was probably designed in mind to nerf that game ending move), nor can Titans, regular land attacks or sea. But since last sentence specifically says it remains affected by other effects I'd say Perseus's sacrificial power is valid (provided there's not hero there of course), just as the Harpy special effect is still valid. His power is not sea, land or air - it's a sacrificial power which isn't protected by the Citadel.

That's at least how I would rule it with the RAW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
davidhct wrote:
Can I invade a island with the great cidadel of ares using the perseus sacrificial power?

The rule says: Can't be invade through the ar ( pegasus). Nothing saying about perseus.
You're right, we should have say something about Persee
Or maybe we shouldn't have add examples

Great Citadel of Ares just can't be invade, anyway. So.. Persse sacrificial ability doesn't allow to invade this Citadel

(you can consider this as official answer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bruno des Montagnes wrote:
davidhct wrote:

You're right, we should have say something about Persee
Or maybe we shouldn't have add examples

Great Citadel of Ares just can't be invade, anyway. So.. Persse sacrificial ability doesn't allow to invade this Citadel

(you can consider this as official answer)
But how do we counter this monument then? Is Citadel of Ares overpowered??

If a player places this on an island/territory with a metropolis, they have pretty much locked it for the rest of the game.
The Harpy is a very slow way to get rid of 3-4 troops stationed there.
Are there any other ways?

Also does it not create a runaway leader problem? To have control of 2 Fortresses (to build this monument) means the player had been doing well financially AND with Ares in the game so far, both of which are key pillars to winning the game.

Apart from this monument, I like the majority of the rest since they make ports and universities more valuable (they tend to be built less in my group's 15+ games of Cyclades with hades or titans).

Would love an answer and comments from Bruno, Ludovic or the Matagot team. ;-)
Regards, Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls