Subject: A couple of questions after first playing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dymitr Bancewicz
Poland
Wyszków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. For example I have played 'Rail Movement' card and removed my unit (or units) to the half of Contested Location with my other units already there (of course through connected link to that half). So the question is - can I'm going now to combat with all my units there. (I played that NO)
2. Do all of my units must to attack together during the Combat in Contested area (action without playing any cards for moves, just attack in Contested location). (I played that YES)
3. About end of the game after exhausting of the Union deck. For example Union player has 3 cards on the hand and last 3 in the deck in the end of his turn (and of course there already were 2 reshuffles of his deck). Next he is refilling his hand to full size. So when game will be end: immediately, after upcoming Confederate turn or at the end of next Union turn, or till the last Union's card using? And the same question but a liitle bit another situation - everything the same except that he has last 2 cards in the deck and can't even refill to full hand size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2111294/consolidated-errata...

1 & 2: Movement into Contested Area and Combat im the FAQ thread.
3: Union should not trigger that shuffle (1st time or 2nd time) if Union does not have the requisite VP

By the same token, if the Union has the requisite VP's, Union can use this draw cards mechanism to trigger reshuffle early, before the Confederate player gets a chance to do something about it on his or her turn.

At the end of the game (exhausting by 3rd time), Union refill his hand size, no cards in his deck. Check out VP immediatly.
If there is one card left in the deck, Confederate plays, and Union plays again the last turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dymitr Bancewicz
Poland
Wyszków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Deck exhausting is clear for me now.
But there are still questions:
#1 about 'Rail Movement' card playing - not about Combat after usual movement.
And #2 about Combat without any movements - just in already Contested location. Can any of my units avoid the battle or they MUST attack alltogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Strelok wrote:
About Rail Movement Card:
Looking for an answer of the designer:
You can move into a location that you do not control but that does not have an actual unit in the half that you are moving into (which would mean no unit that can move in the other half). If you have units in one half of a contested location then you can move units into or through that location.
The only thing that you cannot do is instigate combat with the Rail Movement card, otherwise the rules are the same for normal rail movement.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/30504078#30504078

Furthermore:
Page 15 expands on the card text with “You cannot move them into enemy occupied locations, thus you cannot instigate combat. You may still move into an enemy controlled location that has no enemy counters in.”

Strelok wrote:
ALL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dymitr Bancewicz
Poland
Wyszków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much