Subject: A few questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
Enjoyed the first game. It's nice and simple and quick, but still a fair bit of strategy.

A few questions :

1. Are Gifts single use? (ie : Presience)

2. Do you have to pick when you want to use the Impressive talent after the infernal player declares his intent to move? I think the description uses the word 'may'.

3. In the first scenario, do you only need 1 character to end up on the exit tile and another still alive anywhere?

4. When bringing in a Hell Hound, if all dice were allotted but some triggered that round (for example to generate threat crystals)(can you take one of the triggered dice to assign it to the Hell Hound?

5. Do infernal models get hit by the Devouring pit? It says all warriors standing there at the start of the turn, not sure if that's only humans? Does 'warrior' count for both factions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
get off my avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hello there,

1. use gifts when the activation line gets triggered by a activation die
2. I guess it is up to you if you let the enemy move or not.
3. 2 warriors have to escape, reaching the exit tile
4. phew, am not sure, but I guess first use a die that you stored
in an action that didnt get triggered.
5 yes, they get hit aswell.

if I am wrong, correct me pls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Praetor Kamahl
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
1) No.
2) If it says may, I suppose you could. I don't think there are any scenarios where you'd want to permit the enemy to move, though.
3) Both must make it to the exit for the Human to win.
4) There must be at least one die in the reserve area when summoning a hound if you want it to have stats. You can't take them off your prep spaces afterwards, but you can take dice off prep spaces before you roll if you so desire and place them in the reserve.
5) Yes, all models are warriors. Rulebook refers to "Infernal Warriors" and "Western Warriors" repeatedly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Goldron wrote:
hello there,

4. You must have an unused die in your available dice pool or you will spawn the Hellhound exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
PKamahl wrote:
1) No.
2) If it says may, I suppose you could. I don't think there are any scenarios where you'd want to permit the enemy to move, though.
3) Both must make it to the exit for the Human to win.
4) There must be at least one die in the reserve area when summoning a hound if you want it to have stats. You can't take them off your prep spaces afterwards, but you can take dice off prep spaces before you roll if you so desire and place them in the reserve.
5) Yes, all models are warriors. Rulebook refers to "Infernal Warriors" and "Western Warriors" repeatedly.
Thanks very much everyone. that clears things up.

Regarding 4, I thought there might be a distinction between prep area and triggered dice but I guess not.

That's a nice tactical consideration anyway so I like the mechanic.

We had a funny situation in our first game where the 9th tile was a water tile meaning movement ended after leaving it and the 10th tile connected to the exit was the nasty pit so in order to get to the exit, he needed to last at least 1 turn on the pit and his second hero only had 1 health at the time LOL.

Was a good fun situation and great way to start my Claustraphobia 'career'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:
1. Are Gifts single use? (ie : Presience)
Nope. There's nothing that says to remove them from the Warrior's board when used. They can be used as long as the line isn't exhausted.

Gregolution wrote:
2. Do you have to pick when you want to use the Impressive talent after the infernal player declares his intent to move? I think the description uses the word 'may'.
Never considered this before but the rule book does indeed say "can", so yeah I'd say if you want to allow the enemy to escape you can let them.

Gregolution wrote:
3. In the first scenario, do you only need 1 character to end up on the exit tile and another still alive anywhere?
It's badly worded but I believe the intended rule is that 2 Human warriors need to reach the exit tile.

Gregolution wrote:
4. When bringing in a Hell Hound, if all dice were allotted but some triggered that round (for example to generate threat crystals)(can you take one of the triggered dice to assign it to the Hell Hound?
This has been a point of contention on the forum already but it's my understanding that you need to have a die in the available dice pool e.g. not currently assigned to anything. It means planning ahead if you want to give the Hell Hound a die on the turn it's summoned. Rules to back this up are;

Page 4, Board of Destiny, Paragraph marked 4 is labelled "Available Dice Pool". (Note that there shouldn't be any dice in the Alarm Tile Dice Space at this point, so there's no need to consider that)

Page 19, Threat phase of the infernal player, Hellhound wrote:
When a hellhound is brought into play, the infernal player can use one of the die from their available dice pool to immediately trigger their power. The value of this dice of destiny is chosen by the infernal player and triggers that hellhound’s power.
(Emphasis is mine)

Gregolution wrote:
5. Do infernal models get hit by the Devouring pit? It says all warriors standing there at the start of the turn, not sure if that's only humans? Does 'warrior' count for both factions?
Yep, although it's only implied at the very start of the rule book.
Page 6, Game Components, Minaturesx35 wrote:
The miniatures represent the warriors from two factions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
TheBlackenedRat wrote:
Goldron wrote:
hello there,

4. You must have an unused die in your available dice pool or you will spawn the Hellhound exhausted.
The exhausted Hellhound is the stats displayed on the picture in the main part of his panel right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregolution wrote:
TheBlackenedRat wrote:
Goldron wrote:
hello there,

The exhausted Hellhound is the stats displayed on the picture in the main part of his panel right?

Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Velez
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Monolith video says hellhounds get assigned a die from the reserve area when it's placed on the board. He specifically grabs it from the reserve area, space 4.

The rulebook also states they come from the available dice pool, space 4, which it describes as the reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls