9 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Terraforming Mars Player Mat App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan You
msg tools
Hi all,

My board gaming group picked up Terraforming Mars about a year ago, and it has quickly become our most played game. The replayability and variety in strategies has us hooked, and as a result, we’ve logged over 80 plays in the past year. Early on, we felt one of the more fiddly parts of the game was counting out cubes when paying for cards and advancing generations. We also had a couple of mishaps with player mats being bumped midgame causing production values to become lost. As a result, I made an iOS app as a replacement for the physical mats inspired by Steven Hunnicutt’s great web app. The app has been a hit with our group, so I decided to clean it up a bit and release it onto the App Store itself.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terraforming-assistant/id141...

Some features for the app include:
- Automatic generation advancement adjustments
- Automatic resource setup by corporation (including all expansion corporations)
- View history of all transactions/adjustments
- Restore game state to any point in history
- Separate interfaces for iPhone and iPad

The app itself is free to download, and there are no ads or in-app purchases. This is purely a passion project for me. If you enjoy Terraforming Mars and are interested in something like this, feel free to check it out.

Thank you and have a great day!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I downloaded another one a few months ago that I really enjoy using. I will download yours today and give it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owlbear
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
I just wanna play more games
badge
Hoothoot GRRR!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna try it too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch
Denmark
Lystrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I will give it a spin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works really good! Thanks! No more looking at the track on the or remembering everything. Just needs all inside what it tells you. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Michael
msg tools
mbmb
This is cool! I’m not a coder, but could it be possible to link multiple users (WiFi, Bluetooth, etc) so you could see another players app/board?
The only issue for multiplayer is not knowning the opponent - a huge need in such a dynamic game. Great app!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm your huckleberry
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damn, should not have got rid of my IOS...on android now, though can recommend an OPPO, the most like an iPhone around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Someone should make a review of all the different apps out there, with pros and cons
And of course post it as a comprehensive list to these forums so that eveyrone can choose what's best for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hunnicutt
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Your app looks great! The history and ability to return to any previous state is particularly cool.

For those that don’t use iOS, you can try a web app that I posted a while ago:

http://stevehunnicutt99.github.io/mars-app

It’s not as fully featured as Alan’s app, but it will let you manage resources. It should work on any web browser, but it hasn’t been tested on anything but an iPad and iPhone 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls