Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow boardgamers and fan(atic)s of the Hand of Doom,

Question: How or where will I get a copy of this pure gem? Which european shops backed the 2nd Kickstarter? For instance happyshops, KS fulfiller from Germany, doesn't list the game for sale on their own webpage spiele-offensive.de and my search-fu is failing me to find any alternatives.

Restriction: living in Germany means shipping costs directly from Goblinko are simply wayyyyyy over my budget. And did I mention customs?blush

In dubio pro reo: My brain took too long too appreciate the art or feared not enough good gameplay. Damn you, stupid browsing and browsing... shake

Coming from a punk background (TBH: once a real punk, you keep a punk attidude for the rest of your life) the art brings back good memories: Robert Crumb, Freak Brothers, LPs from local heroes punk bands, the wonderful world of punk fanzines,...

Look at me, if you want to know what happens, if a twelve year old gets contaminated with punk music and D&D nearly at the same time. (for those interested: first D&D, then punk music – tells you something about my first GM.)

Do I really have to wait for the not yet planned third kickstarter run?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
ORVAULT
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure if any shop in Europe got the game during the KS.
There’s a couple for sale on the GM
I bought mine directly from Goblinko and didn’t have a problem with (French) customs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you buy products from the US fairly often, there's relay services that offer lower shipping rates and repackaging of shipments like myUS. I've been using the premium account of myUS for years now, since I buy games and comic books on a regular basis. Repackaging means they assemble all my packages together into a single one, so I only pay shipping once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarai wrote:
Question: How or where will I get a copy of this pure gem? Which european shops backed the 2nd Kickstarter? For instance happyshops, KS fulfiller from Germany, doesn't list the game for sale on their own webpage spiele-offensive.de and my search-fu is failing me to find any alternatives.

Restriction: living in Germany means shipping costs directly from Goblinko are simply wayyyyyy over my budget. And did I mention customs?blush
When the second printing arrives in Europe (a minimum of 3 months from now, due to Goblinko getting shafted by customs bureaucracy) i might (MIGHT (and might not)) sell my first-printing copy, minus the KS exclusives, via the BGG market. It would hypothetically ship from Germany, which would cost something like 8€ postage for DHL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kerber
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking the "For Trade" listing under this game shows somebody in Germany has one listed 25 days ago. Maybe PM them as 'for trade' can also mean 'will sell'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes OP you do need this game. It really is just that good. It's a damn crying shame that it isn't on the BGG "hotness". Maybe because of all of the sausages? I mean, what do people have against sausages?

Pretty much when I visit my hometown and hang out with my brothers a couple of times each year, this game has taken Arkham Horror's place as our cooperative "go to" game to play. It's definitely a must-have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noonespecial wrote:
Yes OP you do need this game. It really is just that good. It's a damn crying shame that it isn't on the BGG "hotness". Maybe because of all of the sausages? I mean, what do people have against sausages?
Oh, another Jedi.

Need is to too soft: For me it is a must have already, but my wallet won't survive at the moment without any further injections.

Currently my best chance to cure Boardgames Acquistion Disorder paired with an impulsive Completionist Syndrom.

Sausages? What sausages? I thought it's all about Wurst und Würste.

Honestly, after I've read today the designer's personal obituary of Greg Stafford, my decision became irreversible.

It's only a matter of time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarai wrote:
... paired with an impulsive Completionist Syndrom.
Be aware that your chances of getting copies of the KS-exclusive characters from the first KS are exceedingly slim. No fan of the game in their right mind will want to sell them for any reasonable amount of money (but some might for an unreasonable amount).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yes, I know, but luckily my brain starts to reason, the more I would have to spent. Most important for me is just the orderable stuff without any pewter: consists of only one color – Mediocre!

The other trick is to look at both groups of 'uncomplete' games on my shelves: The ones I've given up on and the ones I'm still trying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BMK1 wrote:
Checking the "For Trade" listing under this game shows somebody in Germany has one listed 25 days ago. Maybe PM them as 'for trade' can also mean 'will sell'.
Done! Thanks for the hint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry about the sausages. I should have said "wurst".

I was really talking about the uninitiated - *they* are the ones who will refer to them as merely "sausages" whereas us "in the know" actually understand them to be "wurst" (wink wink).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noonespecial wrote:
I'm sorry about the sausages. I should have said "wurst".

I was really talking about the uninitiated - *they* are the ones who will refer to them as merely "sausages" whereas us "in the know" actually understand them to be "wurst" (wink wink).
*They* are unitiated? Thank you for lifting me into the rank of an acolyte or minion of Dungeon Degenerates. You know, these guys, that are the first to enter and leave a battlefield either way.

To show my worthiness I procured a copy of the Rules Booklet in the meantime...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wall
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All this talk has me imagining a pamphlet called "The worst of the wurst".
Someone should send a letter to the holy order to get on that pronto

Also good luck finding a copy. Well worth your time and money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm selling mine, if you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
Wow! You must love the game so much that you bought two copies but decided that you could only reasonably play one copy at a time and so love the world to make your only other copy available to the public for purchase!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fruit Eating Bear wrote:
Thank you for your offer. If everything is going according to plan, I'll receive a certain package as the result of a BGG Trade.

If...

May the Wörst be wurscht!

('wurscht': southern german slang word derived from 'Wurst' used for expressions like: 'I don't care' and 'Doesn't matter' )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fellow Degenerates:

I got news, that a very heavy parcel has arrived at my humble home...

This evening will be like acid Xmas!

And as last Xmas at home had to be cancelled, I am more than delighted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mack
msg tools
mbmbmb
Tarai wrote:

I got news, that a very heavy parcel has arrived at my humble home...
Well, that was fast :-). Mine is probably floating between Europe and the US, waiting to be labeled and resent.

Oh well... I have enough games to play while waiting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bq6JdWSqS1 wrote:

Well, that was fast :-). Mine is probably floating between Europe and the US, waiting to be labeled and resent.

Oh well... I have enough games to play while waiting...
It's the First Edition and the result of a BGG Trade...

But I can feel your pain, as I've heard of this bureaucratic customs desaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has arrived!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zdenek Pilc
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Does anyone know if I will pre-order game with expansions from Mean Street kickstarter page does it arrive with that first wave or after. And how abou taxes to europe if it will be separated package from wave ? Thank you.
Second question.. anyone know if there will be another KS/ expansion with previous conentent ?
Than you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gromthar wrote:
Does anyone know if I will pre-order game with expansions from Mean Street kickstarter page does it arrive with that first wave or after. And how abou taxes to europe if it will be separated package from wave ?
The shipping of Mean Streets via its Kickstarter (as opposed to directly ordering it from Goblinko) in the EU "should" be tax-free, as it will happen via an EU-side fulfillment company. i can't answer the part about waves except to say that i don't believe that Goblinko does "waves" like many large KS projects do.

Gromthar wrote:
Second question.. anyone know if there will be another KS/ expansion with previous conentent ?
See /thread/2156056.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarai wrote:
It has arrived!
So what do you think? I'm sure you have been playing it all weekend long right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Fries
Germany
Windeck
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, because my wife still has a cold at most unfortunate time in her life: on the long and winding road to recovery after a one week of induced coma in December including a life-saving, unplanned surgery. On Friday we weren't even sure if it is just a cold due to high temperature. Some of these days I have two jobs...

Don't worry, in the meantime I lateplegded Mean Streets including World Books, City Scum booster and extra Adventurers, sleeved everything, threw out the insert and boxed the counters. Already thinking about inking all cardboard borders...

See, I'm already convinced it's a pure gem and it will be my next big solo play, but it could take some days: Still have to do the second and thorough reading of the rules. The BGG rules threads have already been consumed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarai wrote:
Already thinking about inking all cardboard borders...
Do it. DO IT. They look great that way:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b0XHKaBfR3stBn6G3

Be sure to use pink or magenta on the Law tokens (edit: and the Void Gates).

(i inked every. single. token. :/)

Tarai wrote:
See, I'm already convinced it's a pure gem and it will be my next big solo play, but it could take some days: Still have to do the second and thorough reading of the rules. The BGG rules threads have already been consumed.
The rules may seem overwhelming at first, but they start to click into place quickly after a few turns of playing it. Many of the rules are rarely used or are normally only relevant after a few hours of playing (e.g. those about the Hand of Doom), so don't feel like you have to memorize them all before playing.

My best wishes to your wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |