Popular Tags: [View All]
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to look into Star Realms (or Hero Realms, if you prefer the theme).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
I am generally full of shit.
badge
At least I'm not covered in shit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Exceed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass: Patriot vs Iron Curtain and Critical Mass: Raijin vs Archon
Omen: A Reign of War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Joy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at Dice Throne, season one or two. The different characters have different complexity levels. So, people can pick a character that matches how "thinky" they want their game to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary David
United States
Rancho Santa Margarita
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Crystal Clans is Summoner Wars little brother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ward
msg tools
mb
Cardboard Conundrum wrote:
You might want to look into Star Realms (or Hero Realms, if you prefer the theme).
Definitely either of these two. Star Realms I feel is more competitive themed, while Hero Realms has more variety in play modes with the Hero Realms: Boss Deck – Lich and Hero Realms: Boss Deck – The Dragon boss decks, as well as the Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck campaign expansion.

Also if you want something similar but closer to Magic: The Gathering, you can try Epic Card Game. The best part of Epic is that the base set costs very little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David op De Beeck
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle for Hill 218 or if you can't get that one Ogre: Objective 218 which is very simular but I like Battle better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Seijuro
msg tools
badge
Hiten mitsurugi
mbmbmbmb
Cortez527 wrote:
Cardboard Conundrum wrote:
Definitely either of these two. Star Realms I feel is more competitive themed, while Hero Realms has more variety in play modes with the Hero Realms: Boss Deck – Lich and Hero Realms: Boss Deck – The Dragon boss decks, as well as the Hero Realms: The Ruin of Thandar Campaign Deck campaign expansion.

Also if you want something similar but closer to Magic: The Gathering, you can try Epic Card Game. The best part of Epic is that the base set costs very little.
Also fairly easy to find out if you or they like it with the app integration which is free for solo play vs the AI. The downside is you might never play it in its card form again since it is so easy to use and you can play or challenge anyone who has an account, such as you friends...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently read a lot of good things about Allegiance: A Realm Divided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunfighter is currently only available in print & play (via sign-up), but it might be worth checking out since it hits most of your requirements:

thumbsup Quick setup (about 1 minute)
thumbsup Doesn't take up much space
thumbsup Easy to learn with tactical depth
thumbsup Card game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Definite +1 to Exceed: Seventh Cross – Church vs. Empire Box and Dice Throne: Season Two – Battle Chest not least of all because they can both be approached / bought just a few fighters at a time. Also both are pretty portable.

Another big recommendation from me would be Guardians and the first mini-expansion is awesome.

If you like deckbuilders though, Shards of Infinity has replaced Star / Hero Realms and Ascension for me. Plus they just came out with an expansion that, among other things, makes it solo-able.

Good luck! Will be interested to hear what ends up working for you.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls