Subject: So who are these Victorian Masterminds anyway? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are six characters depicted on the box cover, presumably the eponymous masterminds (they don't look like the henchmen). All six appear on the backs of the contraption blueprints, so I guess none of the vehicles is associated with a specific mastermind.

So who are they? I was surprised that the manual didn't include a page with names/bios of the villains. Or I suppose each one could've appeared on the back of "their" contraption plan, but no.

Since the backstory says Sherlock Holmes is missing, can we assume that the masterminds are also characters from literature? Is the bearded guy with the octopus turban supposed to be Nemo? Is one of the other guys Robur? Are Moriarty or Fantômas represented? Maybe Josephine Balsamo or Rupert of Hentzau?

Inquiring minds want to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
One of them looks like he's got Germanic and/or Viking heritage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mgabbert wrote:
There are six characters depicted on the box cover, presumably the eponymous masterminds (they don't look like the henchmen). All six appear on the backs of the contraption blueprints, so I guess none of the vehicles is associated with a specific mastermind.

So who are they? I was surprised that the manual didn't include a page with names/bios of the villains. Or I suppose each one could've appeared on the back of "their" contraption plan, but no.

Since the backstory says Sherlock Holmes is missing, can we assume that the masterminds are also characters from literature? Is the bearded guy with the octopus turban supposed to be Nemo? Is one of the other guys Robur? Are Moriarty or Fantômas represented? Maybe Josephine Balsamo or Rupert of Hentzau?

Personally, I think the lady with the spider-like robots is some daughter of Dr. Loveless from "Wild Wild West".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
Brazil
Eldorado do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Captain Nemo is one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser Smith
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Davenport42 wrote:
mgabbert wrote:

Personally, I think the lady with the spider-like robots is some daughter of Dr. Loveless from "Wild Wild West".

But she can't be. Doctor loveless was "loveless". As in he'd lost those parts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vitozen wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
mgabbert wrote:

You underestimate Mad Science!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vitozen wrote:
Davenport42 wrote:
mgabbert wrote:

TV's Dr. Miguelito Quixote Loveless (Michael Dunn) had a son, Michelito (Paul Williams), in the 1979 TV movie, The Wild Wild West Revisited.

Film's Dr. Arliss Loveless (Kenneth Branagh) "lost those parts" during the American Civil War, but could have sired antebellum offspring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls