13 Posts

Wildlands» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone know where to find replacement or additional bases? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Cook
msg tools
mb
I have only played a few times but I'm already seeing that the bases are quite difficult to remove and I feel like its only a short matter of time before one breaks.

Normally I would just place them on a faction and they would stay there forever but I have the Unquiet Dead expansion and alas there are only 4 colors of bases for 5 factions so someone is going to have to share.

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to find bases like this - perhaps with a variety of color options? I am lucky enough to have a set of purple crystals that are made identically to the crystals the game came with (the purple ones came with Vast but were replaced by tokens from the miniatures expansion) so if I could find a set of purple bases to match I would be a happy camper.

Of course there's also the pesky detail of other expansions to come - hopefully with their own bases/crystals but I won't hold my breath...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a 3D printer there is a stl. file on Yeggi, just type in wildlands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hweston wrote:
If you have a 3D printer there is a stl. file on Yeggi, just type in wildlands.
My Google Fu, or in this case, Yeggi Fu, is failing me. Can't find it on Yeggi or Thingiverse. Do you have a direct link? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been earlier discussions on this topic and most of us decided to always play the Unquiet Dead without bases, and to never remove our bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cook
msg tools
mb
To this end, I'm thinking of just buying a few cans of spray paint and applying a light coat (single color, I'm no artist) to each faction - essentially making each faction a solid color (blue/green/etc) rather than gray with a colored base.

The only issue here is that the expansion factions seem to have variant play-styles where they don't have to be played as a singular faction...short of just buying a second set of these to leave gray for the variant play I suppose you still end up with the problem of needing the correctly colored bases to align each figure to the correct faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a stl file here in the Files section
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
JLCook50 wrote:
To this end, I'm thinking of just buying a few cans of spray paint and applying a light coat (single color, I'm no artist) to each faction - essentially making each faction a solid color (blue/green/etc) rather than gray with a colored base.

The only issue here is that the expansion factions seem to have variant play-styles where they don't have to be played as a singular faction...short of just buying a second set of these to leave gray for the variant play I suppose you still end up with the problem of needing the correctly colored bases to align each figure to the correct faction.
Different game, but here's an example of someone who went with a simple basecoat and wash approach to Blitz Bowl miniatures:

It's just a matter of painting the base color on the miniature (don't go too heavy and fill in details) and then applying a wash once the basecoat is dry, which is basically a watered down paint that will collect in the details and recesses and bring them out more. It's not as hard as that might sound to a beginner and worth trying out!

As for handling the Undead, if they're used as an expansion rule set (not just as a regular faction) they enter the board and anyone can potentially order them around, so you don't have to worry about marking them as a particular team/color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Heffernan
Australia
flag msg tools
I own cry Havoc and I am thinking of stealing some bases from that game lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the Adventure Party is out - with the same stupid lack of bases - I'm back looking for a solution to this issue. 3D-printed bases? Track down Osprey's supplier? Something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason not to just paint the bases for each faction in a different colour? - you will need to have crystals or some such in a matching colour as well.

Is there anything in the existing expansions that looks likely to allow mixed faction teams which would require flexible base colours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that for the price of the expansion they shouldn't be cheap on the bases/crystals and not everyone has paints at home to colour the bases.

It wouldn't be a problem though if the bases weren't so snug. I don't really want to snap the minis trying to change base colours each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, the snugness is the main issue.

For games like Blood Rage and Rising Sun, the bases are similar for the monsters (you snap them on mid-game to indicate you've used cards to acquire the monster and it is effectively one of your warriors). But it doesn't seem to be as snug as for these factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Whitetower
Spain
Málaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There’s a hole in the bases... push trough there with a BIC and the minis go out easily. No risks to damage them.

Even so, it’ll be great to have color bases for all the factions, so you don’t have to be changing them at the start of each game... You spend more time doing that than making the whole game setup. I’ll try to 3D print them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls