Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I supported COG during its Kickstarter campaign, but have not played it yet, and have recently started looking at it all so that I can do so.

I found two sets of components in the box that are not explained in the rules:

- Four letter tiles that instead of having a letter have the 5VP symbol on its front side.

- Four plastic stands meant to hold some sort of tile or card vertically.

I found an explanation for the 5VP tiles in this thread: they are an optional variant, and when you would put such a tile in your reserve, you instead discard it and take 5 VPs.

But I do not know what the stands are for. My guess is that they were originally meant to hold a colored tile for each player to be used on the main board, but the decision was made to use colored pawns instead, and removing the stands was overlooked. Or, the stands belong to some other game being assembled at the same facility and were tossed into this box by mistake.

Does anyone know the story behind the stands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Finn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
I supported COG during its Kickstarter campaign, but have not played it yet, and have recently started looking at it all so that I can do so.

I found two sets of components in the box that are not explained in the rules:

- Four letter tiles that instead of having a letter have the 5VP symbol on its front side.

- Four plastic stands meant to hold some sort of tile or card vertically.

I found an explanation for the 5VP tiles in this thread: they are an optional variant, and when you would put such a tile in your reserve, you instead discard it and take 5 VPs.

But I do not know what the stands are for. My guess is that they were originally meant to hold a colored tile for each player to be used on the main board, but the decision was made to use colored pawns instead, and removing the stands was overlooked. Or, the stands belong to some other game being assembled at the same facility and were tossed into this box by mistake.

Does anyone know the story behind the stands?
The stands are for the turn order cards so they are easy to see turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls