Popular Tags: [View All]
tony dowler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious of what approaches people have taken with Infrastructure upgrades.

In my one playthrough I hoped to snag some extra cards using infrastructure builds, but it did not pan out. I managed to an early shielded build down, which snagged me two cards. Another player had a good shielded move which snagged her at least a half dozen cards. The unreliability of it, plus the existence of the empathic adaptation, which basically negates it, makes me thing that getting rewards from infrastructure isn't reliable enough to build a strategy around. It's nice if it works, but...

Another concern--in our game I had a strong build infrastructure. Another player, with the empathic adaptation, had a strong move infrastructure. I needed their move several times, which gave them cards, while they used my build for free just as often. The result was a runaway victory for them.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another consideration is for players who gain the Radiation Resistant adaption, no longer needing shielding for their Moves or Builds. They can safely replace such shielding cards in their Infra so that their opponents can no longer use them (other players with Cooperative Empathy probably won’t be too happy about that!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the benefits of a 3-4 player game IMO is that the limit of 2 copies of each Progress card means that players are forced to diversify their overall engine .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like this is a place where the game misfires a bit. The idea is cool, but it feels like it's not developed well enough. The compensation is not very high, and it doesn't cost the using player anything. On the other hand, multi-use cards work against specializing. Basically, the game has this cool idea in it, but it doesn't actually incentivize it very much or make it a central concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls