David Lefton
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
I play to screw with winners, not to win!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CincyCon in Cincinnati, Ohio
March 1st-3rd 2019 - $20/weekend pre-reg, $25/weekend at door
More of a miniature/wargame and RPG bent but has tabletop and open gaming. Definitely cheapest convention in area but worth a drive from elsewhere.

Lexicon in Lexington, KY
April 5-7, 2019 - $40/weekend pre-reg, $50/weekend at door
This "regional convention" has been around awhile and has gotten to the size of national conventions now, except no charge for most events. All kinds of games, from open tabletop to RPG and some miniature games.

CinCityCon in Cincinnati, Ohio
October 11-13, 2019 - KickStarter coming soon with $35 badge
By the same people who run Lexicon, this con hopes to one day be as big. All kinds of games, from open tabletop to RPG and some miniature games.

Anyone going? Events you are running, attending or like to play in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Simmons
United States
Greendale
Indiana
flag msg tools
Look upon me: I'll show you the life of the mind!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year's CinCityCon was the first convention I ever attended - definitely planning on going again in 2019 and I know a few people I believe will be returning/going-first-time with me.

I think at least one friend, maybe two, are considering signing up to run RPGs this year at CinCity. If they do, I may join them for a game. Last year I mostly played games from the library with the people I came with - I'd like to get in a few more games with new people this time around, too.

I considered CincyCon, but I currently work Sundays - something I likely won't be still doing by October, but probably will be in March, so it makes that one a bit harder for me to pull off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Bielefeldt
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely be attending LexiCon and CinCityCon again in 2019. Rob Slevin, one of the organizers of both conventions, talked to me last week about possibly doing some board game teaching at LexiCon this year. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I will participate in gaming no matter what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Liggett
United States
Celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CincyCon has a mix of all 3 gaming types and by the look of it, more board games events to pre-reg for than the others. Of course, there is also way more open board gaming going on b/c it is easier to find players and space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lefton
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CinCityCon Kickstarter is Live. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/759265949/cincitycon-20...

$35 for weekend pass, $55 gets T-shirt and glass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lefton
United States
Florence
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder, today and tonight is the last day to Kickstart CinCityCon 2019 - get tickets for $35 as opposed to $50 at the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Bielefeldt
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One week until LexiCon commences!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Bielefeldt
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeftOn4ya wrote:
Lexicon in Lexington, KY
April 5-7, 2019 - $40/weekend pre-reg, $50/weekend at door
This "regional convention" has been around awhile and has gotten to the size of national conventions now, except no charge for most events. All kinds of games, from open tabletop to RPG and some miniature games.
Today's the day! meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple

I will be teaching three games at the convention this weekend. Azul and Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra tomorrow, and Century: Spice Road on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls