Advanced Squad Leader: Starter Kit #1» Forums » Rules

Subject: FG clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael D.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok...units C3, D3, and E3 can form a fire group. The SMC in E3 cannot use his leadership DRM to modify the IFT DR of this FG as not all of the units in the FG are present in the same hex as the SMC leader.

Now, the FG rolls original doubles as the IFT DR. Is this considered a non-leader-directed MMC attack by this FG because of the same situation that all units of the FG do not share the same hex as the SMC leader and therefore the FG cowers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the Fire Group Cowers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fly by Night wrote:
Yes the Fire Group Cowers.
Thanks! Thought that would be the case...just wanting to make sure.

On similar lines...do any IFT DR modifiers that apply to an individual unit(s) get applied to the entire FG? Let's say that the LOS of C3 crosses an orchard hex and gets the +1 hindrance. Does that then add a +1 (hindrance) for the IFT DR of the FG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Malmstrom
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coreddrgn wrote:
On similar lines...do any IFT DR modifiers that apply to an individual unit(s) get applied to the entire FG? Let's say that the LOS of C3 crosses an orchard hex and gets the +1 hindrance. Does that then add a +1 (hindrance) for the IFT DR of the FG?
Correct.

But only one per case - if e.g., another LOS goes through two grain hexes, the DRM due to Hindrances is only +2 - not +3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klasmalmstrom wrote:
coreddrgn wrote:
Correct.

But only one per case - if e.g., another LOS goes through two grain hexes, the DRM due to Hindrances is only +2 - not +3.

Got it...think I've seen so far in most similar cases that one essentially takes the largest single modifier possible in a situation and not a cumulative effect.

Thanks very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls