Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 7 is live! Thanks to everyone who is participating and providing feedback. Obviously I'm just trying crazy stuff out and experimenting with different formats, so all the input is great! This time we are trying to stop Lys by grabbing the sword and channeling the power for ourselves. This one has a clear endpoint given right up-front, so use that to plan appropriately!

Ascendance (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Ascend...)
Printer-friendly version (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Ascend...)
And another file you'll need! *storm.pdf* (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/storm....)

Poll coming tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the cards correct re: lost abilities? I.e. are the persistent cards non-lost? You can summon the avatar over and over? You can add +2 over and over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Willottica wrote:
Are the cards correct re: lost abilities? I.e. are the persistent cards non-lost? You can summon the avatar over and over? You can add +2 over and over?
Yes. They are very powerful cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
And another file you'll need! *storm.pdf* (http://www.cephalofair.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/storm....)
Hahah what

Can't wait to read these special rules to see why this is here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Robberts
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is looking sooo amazing!

Thank you Isaac for this campain,
I can't wait the weekend to try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am on the M tile, and adjacent to A (which represents the character on the N tile fighting Lys), I assume that anything my cards allow me to do for an adjacent ally, will translate to the character on the N tile?

For instance, if I on the M tile adjacent to A, and I perform a Heal 3 Range 1, then the character on the N tile will heal 3 (if it is the chosen character)?

Likewise, if I am on the M tile adjacent to A, and can provide offensive buffs or defensive buffs, these will translate to the character on the N tile fighting Lys?

I think all of this is correct by the rules, I just want to verify before we play. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I‘d read it exactly that way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Lim
msg tools
RE: Ascendance
For her Special cards, does she summon on the M tile or the N tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray S
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be another PDF of the entire campaign once it is complete like the other two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ender
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grabblaka wrote:
For her Special cards, does she summon on the M tile or the N tile?
From the Special Rules section:

Quote:
All actions both these figures perform are carried out using their figures on the N1a map tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
any2cards
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sevitrm wrote:
Will there be another PDF of the entire campaign once it is complete like the other two?
I have kept a running PDF of all of the quests, the poll votes, the RIFTs, etc.

Once completed, I would be happy to share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
any2cards wrote:
If I am on the M tile, and adjacent to A (which represents the character on the N tile fighting Lys), I assume that anything my cards allow me to do for an adjacent ally, will translate to the character on the N tile?

For instance, if I on the M tile adjacent to A, and I perform a Heal 3 Range 1, then the character on the N tile will heal 3 (if it is the chosen character)?

Likewise, if I am on the M tile adjacent to A, and can provide offensive buffs or defensive buffs, these will translate to the character on the N tile fighting Lys?

I think all of this is correct by the rules, I just want to verify before we play. Thanks.
This is all correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Flying_Monkey wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We completed it on the 11th round. The character on the n-tile was exhausted on round 9. Lys got her special on every.... single.... round and melee attacks became impossible as she was completely surrounded by her summons at the end.

Thankfully, she was low on health when our storm-wielder exhausted and she bled away with wound and was poisoned so the pierce attacks from characters on the m-tile just about did enough to take her out. The last couple of rounds were pretty desperate though, by that point, Lys was pretty helpless because there was no target for her on the n-tile. She was completely reliant on her 'shield 5' which wasn't quite enough.
Interesting. From a narrative perspective, I probably should have specified the scenario is lost if the Storm character is exhausted. With 4 extra cards and only 12 rounds, I didn't see that as a big threat, but oh well. I won't take your win from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Redensek
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Bottom of Storm's Judgement should have easily dispatched most of her summons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Birglendis
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is gonna be so sweet. We're gonna finish off Lys, inherit some sick powers, and
I'm finally getting my sword back from that thieving manipulator.

I'm looking forward to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I deleted my previous post because it was confusing.

I'm playing with two minis, and thinking of a strategy, would it be legal to:
Swap my bear on the 'm' tiles with one of the summoned monsters on the 'N' tile? This seems like it might be a bit broken...

Haven't played this yet, but it sounds super-fun! Thanks Isaac for another challenging and intriguing scenario. Just reading these scenarios is something I look forward to all week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Minis
As written, I don't know that there are any rules that would prevent you from swapping your bear over to the N tile from the M tile. Just as a note, I would personally assume the bear starts on the N tile if the BT himself were the one chosen to be the Storm. The entrance hex is on the map there, so you place the figure there, and by the BT rules, you summon the bear adjacent after placing the figure on the starting space.

Heck, as written, I don't think there's anything preventing you from swapping actual-Lys from the N tile to the M tile with one of the BT's figure-swapping cards.

That said, I'm also 90% sure that it breaks the spirit of the rules and you probably shouldn't do it. That's only my interpretation, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed. I think the bear starts wherever the rat does.

Although there's nothing in the rules about swapping Lys or the storm warrior, it would risk them seeing their alter - dimensional selves, and who knows what kind of horrible chaos that would tear through the space time continuum. For that reason alone, I think I'd avoid it.
Furthermore, it would really break the game quite horribly. All actions taken by Lys (or the storm character) are carried out by their figure on the N tile. By RAW, this would mean removing one would make them completely unable to act! However, this would also give them a permanent shield 5 against ALL attacks, since it is given to their "figure on the M tile". You could have a virtually invulnerable rat who couldn't act at all (hmmm... Could they still command? This might actually be a workable strategy...)
Or you could neutralize Lys, but would you still be able to damage her enough through shield 5 in 12 rounds? Would it be a fair tradeoff for rendering her competent powerless?
Also, could you attack both Lys and other - dimensional Lys with the same attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Two Minis
As written, I don't know that there are any rules that would prevent you from swapping your bear over to the N tile from the M tile. Just as a note, I would personally assume the bear starts on the N tile if the BT himself were the one chosen to be the Storm. The entrance hex is on the map there, so you place the figure there, and by the BT rules, you summon the bear adjacent after placing the figure on the starting space.

Heck, as written, I don't think there's anything preventing you from swapping actual-Lys from the N tile to the M tile with one of the BT's figure-swapping cards.

That said, I'm also 90% sure that it breaks the spirit of the rules and you probably shouldn't do it. That's only my interpretation, of course.
Yeah, I should have noted that you cannot teleport between the tiles, and the swap is technically a teleport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It seemed too good to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was really easy for me. My mindthief was poisoned right away, but I was able to heal that quickly. From then on I could become invisible quickly each round and play late the next round. My mindthief was only attacked on the M tile, but that was no problem.
I also had a good draw which made it even easier. I didn't draw a X2 on an attack of 10 or more, but it was still really easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if the 'm' figure gets immobilized, does the 'n' figure get immobilized too? (Same question for any condition)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that they do.

Anyway, yikes. Just finished our first try at this, +1 difficulty. We got Lys down to 65 of 90 damage before our Storm character was exhausted (on Round 8). Just so many attacks coming in, all with Poison. The characters on the M tile could barely do anything to Lys. Shield 5 is huge! We'll try again at +0 difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
msg tools
Thanks for another scenario. This one was quite a bit of fun, but I was playing on the N tile. As has been said, the experience seemed far less interesting for those on the M tile.

My Lvl. 5 Angry Face was devastating vs Lys. I don't know how it would have gone if we'd put another character there. In 8 rounds, I was responsible for 60-70 dmg. The Storm cards were actually not as helpful as they might have been to another class. I used the damage boost, the attack-all adjacent and got the heal off once, but that was it. Range is my ally, so I had little need for the other cards, and wasting a big heal on a poison seemed silly. Doom and damage over and over with a consistent +1 modifier deck and wound damages--brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we played it wrong. We didn't immobilize our storm on the first turn, when the snakes drew it. But with our combination, we breezed through it, and I don't think it really made a large difference. Music note, two minis, and brute.

monsters level 3, we had the retaliate and shield songs in play. The brute, with sword - edge armour) took the storm. The summons all got a maximum of 2 hits in before self - destruction, and the shield made them less effective still. Beast tyrant could grant extra shield to the storm summon, heal all allies of their poison (fully optimizing the storm's heal 8), and the bear cleaned up anything in the M tile quite effectively. He even managed to do about 15 damage to Lys through her shield, including the final kill (an attack 6 with 2x)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |