n h

California
msg tools
badge
Newbie Gamer
mbmbmbmb
I have had a couple of game ideas rolling around in my head since I got "into" the hobby (so about 5-6 years). I believe many gamers are in the same boat. Many of us don't have the time/passion/skill to bring these ideas to life. I am wondering where I should post my ideas so that other budding designers can use them, gain inspiration, or just help fuel their own creative juices.

Personally I think it would be great to have a dedicated forum for posting Game Design Ideas. A place where your average BGG gamer can offer up their half-baked game ideas or mechanisms and to see if a designer wants to take it and run.

If a new forum can't/won't be created, in which Board Game Design forum should I post my game idea threads?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Nate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nhex wrote:
I have had a couple of game ideas rolling around in my head since I got "into" the hobby (so about 5-6 years). I believe many gamers are in the same boat. Many of us don't have the time/passion/skill to bring these ideas to life. I am wondering where I should post my ideas so that other budding designers can use them, gain inspiration, or just help fuel their own creative juices.

Personally I think it would be great to have a dedicated forum for posting Game Design Ideas. A place where your average BGG gamer can offer up their half-baked game ideas or mechanisms and to see if a designer wants to take it and run.

If a new forum can't/won't be created, in which Board Game Design forum should I post my game idea threads?
Hi Nate,

I think this forum is as good as any for simply discussing ideas.

But be warned: I believe the majority of designers here already have more ideas than they know what to do with already.

That said, I don't think there's any harm in you posting your ideas. As you say, maybe you will spark something new in someone. I would suggest maybe just starting a single "Here, have some free ideas..." thread in order to avoid spamming the forums too heavily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls