Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1821 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [73] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: "Hi, I want to play Werewolf online." #215 - for the new and the improving! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
An eleven-player, low-complexity game of Werewolf with full role reveal on death!

Good Roles:

Captain Reg Saunders (Seer)
- Each night receives a view of a target player and learns whether or not they are a Wolf. The seer receives a view on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view. If the seer is not present, has an invalid order in, or does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view out of all players who were alive after lynch.

Ned Kelly (Hunter) - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal when killed. The brutal kill is mandatory. If there is no order in modchat, then it will be selected at random.

Harold Holt (Martyr) - Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for the night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. Notice that martyr does not work to stop lynches or the brutal ability. He must have a valid order in for his ability to function, but his orders persist - a protect order put in one night would still be in effect the next night if it hadn't been canceled.

5 Bushwalkers (Villagers) - Ordinary villagers with no special powers or traits. (Will reveal as various famous or cool Australian humans, but they are not told what they will reveal as, this is determined upon their death so it can't be claimed in game.)

Evil Roles:

2 Drop Bears (Werewolves)
- The werewolves know each other's identity and have a chat in Cassandra. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. If there is a werewolf alive, the last valid night kill order will go through - even if the last player to place a night kill order has died since the order was given.

The first wolf to be killed is mandatorily brutal. If there is no order in modchat, the brutal kill will be selected randomly from all of the non-wolves. The brutal is a shared order like the nightkill, and the last valid order entered by either wolf will take effect.

In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player is unavailable or has an invalid order in, the moderator will enact random NKs from all available non-wolves. If the dead Werewolf player has not been given access to spoilers, they may set the nightkill or brutal instead.

If the wolves attempt to NK the Sorcerer-Cultist, then their action will not succeed and no nightkill will take place that dawn. NOTE! The Sorcerer-Cultist is immune to the NK, the Wolves's NK will not "auto-fail" if it targets the Sorcerer. (In other words, if the martyr protects the sorcerer-cultist and the sorcerer-cultist is targeted for NK, the martyr still dies.)

Bluey (Sorcerer-Cultist) - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player and be told the target player's exact role. He gets a random N0 view of a villager. The Sorcerer-Cultist cannot die from the wolves' NK ability, but can be killed by their brutal ability.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Brutal Rules:

- The Brutal Kill is simultaneous to all other actions, i.e.: The Brutal Werewolf is lynched and targets the Brutal Hunter. If the Brutal Hunter's order is still on the Brutal Werewolf, there is no other death.

- If the Brutal's target died BEFORE the Brutal Character, then the kill will be chosen at random. Please note that we give a freeform entry box to all brutal roles, and you are welcome to fill in backup brutal targets there. In general, the wolves should never have the nightkill and brutal both set at night to the same person, and a brutal hunter who isn't around for lynch should have a backup in case their target is lynched.

- In the endgame scenario where there is: 1 Hunter, 1 Wolf, and 1 other non-wolf (Villager, Good special, Sorcerer), and the Hunter is killed and targets the wolf, the wolf will be killed, and good wins. Parity will be checked after all processing is complete.

Lynch time: 6:00pm BGG
Night Action Deadline: 7:00pm BGG

Weekend Policy: No game actions will process over the American weekend, although players will be free to post and use chats as desired.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, we use a tiebreaker abbreviated to LHLV (longest held last vote). We look at the last vote cast on each of the tied players, and whichever of those votes was there first breaks the tie. Please note that Cassy by default will list tied players in LHLV order in her tallies.

Each player's final vote cast with the dusk time time-stamp or before are counted. (Example: if the dusk time is 6pm BGG, all votes with a timestamp of 6:00pm will count.) Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules, which will be posted just before the game starts.

If enough living players [vote nightfall] (the Cassandra function to lock your vote) that the lynch result cannot be changed, it will speed up the dusk. Even after sufficient nightfalls for early dusk, you may continue talking in thread until the moderator arrives to post [dusk]. This is an exception to the usual nightfall rules you will find in other games on this site, and is for the purpose of being able to explain what is happening and why to each other.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Martyr, and Sorcerer-Cultist must all submit their night orders by Dawn. Players can do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System. If you would like to use conditional orders, this is permitted as long as you understand that conditional orders can only be used on information that is available to the player at the time the order is due.

Hypothetical conditionals for a Seer / Sorcerer:
A. "If Snaak is lynched, then please view Raid1280." is a valid conditional game order.
B. "If Snaak is night killed, then please view Raid1280." is not a valid conditional game order because the player will have no knowledge of whether or not Snaak will be night killed before his game order is due.

If all living players (including those without night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Replacement Rules:

Anyone who does not participate at least once between the posting of dusk and the next business day's proof of life time will be put up for replacement. Minimal participation in the game requires posting in thread and voting, and you should also attend to any game orders and chats you have. Note that these are minimums, and replacement is at the mod's discretion, based on their judgement of whether you are participating enough for the other players to have a meaningful game experience. Exceptions will be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet, but that they will be able to return in time for the next dusk.

If you need to stop playing the game or know you will be unavailable to keep playing, clicking the green arrow next to your name in Cassy will put your seat up for replacement. You may also ask the moderator to replace you in your mod chat.

Posting Rules:

Please don't post after the Dusk/Dawn deadline, even if the mod has not told you to stop posting. Posting game-changing information (views, for example) after the dusk/dawn times is especially bad, don't risk it, as this requires the moderator to implement consequences.

You may edit posts that don't contain votes for formatting or typos. Please include a line saying "edit: thing I edited", and don't use this to edit the content of a post. Never edit a vote post. Never delete a post without permission from the moderator.

Your post must always be readable to humans browsing the thread - that means no size 0 fonted text, and no invisible text of any kind.

Making out-of-game promises to other players in order to influence their actions in game is against the rules.

Quoting something told to you by the moderator directly from your hidden modchat is forbidden unless the moderator has given you explicit permission. Paraphrasing such things is usually allowed. This rule broadly forbids using anything about the specific phrasing of things in your mod chat to prove your role, so no questions about "what was the 5th word in the villager welcome message", either. If you have any questions about this rule, ask the moderator first, as this can break the game for everyone.

More info on this last part can be found here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22684517#22684517

Personal attacks or offensive language aren't allowed. If something you are doing appears to really be getting to someone, be gracious and knock it off. I will intervene if it gets out of hand.

Meta Rules:

1. Brand new players will be provided the opportunity to have an in-chat advisor/mentor, who will only have as much information as the player. This other player will have read-access to the thread and can talk to them in modchat. Just ask! Anyone returning after an extremely long absence or who has played five or less games total may also have a mentor. Exceptions to this are available, as well.

Please do not reference to your mentor (or other people's mentors) in your in-thread game posts.

2. Players are allowed to geekmail the moderators before the game and request a role. They can do this by requesting a specific role, an alignment or "anything but". Talking about this option either by way of defense or accusation is not permitted. (Ie, you can't say you want to lynch someone because you think they would have requested wolf, nor can you claim you are innocent because you requested villager.) The intent of this option is to allow people to shore up their weak points and whatnot, not for it to be discussed or really thought about in game. Most roles in this series are randomly assigned, this feature isn't used a lot.

3. There is an informal "Do Not Lynch" the newbie on D1. This is not set in stone and I am simply asking that you have good and solid reasons for lynching a brand new player on D1.

4. You may have noted the specific consequences aren't spelled out in these rules. In general, the moderator's intent is to be corrective of errors, restorative of fair gameplay, and vocal about the reasons behind rules moreso than being specificaly punitive. Players actively not attempting to follow the rules will be asked to not sign up for future Hi games.

Helpful Info:

A guide written about how the actual playing of Werewolf games online, most especially Hi games, goes: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/22609942#22609942

More generically and a bit older: Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Please note that, by default, Cassandra chats are saved for posterity. If you have something private to tell the moderators, use geekmail or ask them to set you up a chat meant to be deleted.

Also, if you have a "BGG newuser" tag under your name still, you will not be able to post more than about once a minute. All players should keep this in mind when voting or expecting claims very near the deadline!

Tfang assists players in learning how to use cassandrawerewolf.com to moderate games and in the general conventions of the BGG WW community in regards to modding. If you are interested in learning, please shoot him a geekmail. If you have a guest moderator that isn't The_Rorab or Monogarden, they are currently taking this course, please be extra kind to them, as it is often their first time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Held

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
Aerrhead
Aumerle
Behind_the_Walls
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS
DMDupree
doppio
iDame
Jamie_Pi
madelineb
PaperF
Samool

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2146170

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
What goes on around you... compares little with what goes on inside you.
badge
The wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heeeeeeere's Brucey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aer Head
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone! I'm super excited to have just signed up on Cassandra!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Heeeeeeere's Brucey!
the AUSSIE?!?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Goodwit
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
oOoOo goblin
mbmbmb
Aw yis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Aumerle @Walls: Hi guys! Excited for more Werewolf with you both!

Heads up: I tutor Sunday - Thursday, starting as early as 4:00 PM BGG time, so I will probably not be available for EOD Lynch Crazytown most days, nor able to night post. Of course I will be contributing and voting lots and long before lynch, so hopefully this will not be too problematic, but I wanted to say this now before we start the game so everyone knows.

@TFang: Let me know if me missing the 2 hours before lynch is too much of an issue, and I will drop 215 and do 216 instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Heeeeeeere's Brucey!
the AUSSIE?!?!
Too right, mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Heads up: I tutor Sunday - Thursday, starting as early as 4:00 PM BGG time, so I will probably not be available for EOD Lynch Crazytown most days, nor able to night post. Of course I will be contributing and voting lots and long before lynch, so hopefully this will not be too problematic, but I wanted to say this now before we start the game so everyone knows.

@TFang: Let me know if me missing the 2 hours before lynch is too much of an issue, and I will drop 215 and do 216 instead.
looking forward to aumerle and you, BOOYAH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

I hope you don't get lynched D1 this time, it looks like you were in both 213 & 214?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

I hope you don't get lynched D1 this time, it looks like you were in both 213 & 214?!
its cool my game is getting more refined, soon i will be super village man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Fair dinkum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Totally fine! The other thing to let that figure into is your claim timing. If you know you can't be around at the end of the day a lot/ever, figuring out if it is good to claim before leaving is a thing to do.

New people I have met - hello! How'd you find us? =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Totally fine! The other thing to let that figure into is your claim timing. If you know you can't be around at the end of the day a lot/ever, figuring out if it is good to claim before leaving is a thing to do.

New people I have met - hello! How'd you find us? =)
Thank you, I will be sure to claim before I head to work if it seems likely to be important that day!

Let's party!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Heeeeeeere's Brucey!
the AUSSIE?!?!
Too right, mate!
you need the koala micro badge for this game i think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Goodwit
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
oOoOo goblin
mbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Fair dinkum!
pinged before the game starts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Goodwit
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
oOoOo goblin
mbmbmb
@Walls - do you find being an officer of the law helps with reads in ww?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iDame wrote:
Ooh, I've kind of wondered, too. It did explain your schedule a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, good to see everyone. New folks as well as returning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Heeeeeeere's Brucey!
the AUSSIE?!?!
Too right, mate!
There are animal badges?! I could have a Safari! I am going to have to go look later for kangaroos & kookaburras (about to go tutor). Aumerle was super sweet and gifted me some gold to buy the "I AM DUBS" badge. (Thanks Aumerle!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
“Good-bye and hello, as always.”
badge
“I saw my earlier selves as different people, acquaintances I had outgrown. I wondered how I could ever have been some of them.” ― Roger Zelazny, The Courts of Chaos
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Behind_the_Walls wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Heeeeeeere's Brucey!
the AUSSIE?!?!
Too right, mate!
There are animal badges?! I could have a Safari! I am going to have to go look later for kangaroos & kookaburras (about to go tutor). Aumerle was super sweet and gifted me some gold to buy the "I AM DUBS" badge. (Thanks Aumerle!)
Anytime, click on the buy microbadges option and you'll find tons of stuff to pick from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Walls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iDame wrote:
i think it helps me when people are making posts that are fabricated, i work in a prison as a correctional officer so i am lied to dozens of times everyday. its crazy how many times i got con'd or deceived by inmate when i first started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [73] |