Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Gomez
United States
Elmhurst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that they have released the Artifex and Bubulcus deck expansions for Agricola, are there plans for any further decks to be released?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The C deck is supposed to come out Oct 2019. I can't recall the release date of the D deck. Either the end of this year or early next.

Apparently, there's also a PQR and possibly S, but they might be part of the mythical deluxe, anniversary edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
I'm Agricultured!
mbmbmbmbmb
To expand on this, the current name for the C-Deck seems to be the Corbarius (basketmaker) deck. Also, these decks are designed for the Revised base game (so maybe the discussion should be there?), but still relatively playable with the original base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
easterncalculus wrote:
Also, these decks are designed for the Revised base game (so maybe the discussion should be there?)
OR...this site could not make stupid editorial decisions and merge them as would be common sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharth Venkatesh
msg tools
The C deck is being play tested on play-agricola.com right now. There is a play test tournament planned for Feb through April. It will be for revised edition of course.

It looks like an interesting deck so far but with some ridiculous cards that need toning down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kadish

New York
New York
msg tools
easterncalculus wrote:
To expand on this, the current name for the C-Deck seems to be the Corbarius (basketmaker) deck. Also, these decks are designed for the Revised base game (so maybe the discussion should be there?), but still relatively playable with the original base game.
Has anyone here actually tried playing the new decks with the old edition. I got the artifex deck and I have the old version. I probably won't play it for a while, since i just go the game but I was wondering how much fun it is going to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Treesrule14 wrote:
easterncalculus wrote:
Has anyone here actually tried playing the new decks with the old edition. I got the artifex deck and I have the old version. I probably won't play it for a while, since i just go the game but I was wondering how much fun it is going to be?
Other than the names of the action spaces, there's no difference in how the cards will work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treesrule14 wrote:
easterncalculus wrote:
Providing you don't mind that the backs of the cards don't match then it's fine. The space names are different but there's a good 'translation' crib sheet here on bgg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
will the C & D decks have 240 cards each, since the base game came with A&B cards, then 120 of each additionally were released with Artifex and Bubulcus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Each deck ultimately has 180 cards. Here's the math.
12 of them are 5/6 players and available only through the 5/6 player expansion.
Doing the math, this leaves 168 cards.
The main game has 48 each of A and B.
--> 120 cards in the expansions.

(Sure, there's one thing left - what are we going to do with the C/D equivalents fo the 48 cards each from the main game? Might be another expansion deck, or something else we haven't thought of yet.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
I'm Agricultured!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
(Sure, there's one thing left - what are we going to do with the C/D equivalents fo the 48 cards each from the main game? Might be another expansion deck, or something else we haven't thought of yet.)
Some of the revised L deck might be a nice way to fill up the card numbers! I don't know how existing collectors would feel about that, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious but why would they care?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
I'm Agricultured!
mbmbmbmbmb
They have been previously released at events such as Essen Spiel - to make what was once difficult to obtain easily available might be annoying for those who worked hard to collect them originally. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
sao123 wrote:
will the C & D decks have 240 cards each, since the base game came with A&B cards, then 120 of each additionally were released with Artifex and Bubulcus?
There are C and D cards in the WizKids expansions which provide minis in the six player colors. Each one provides 10 C cards and 10 D cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
I'm Agricultured!
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
sao123 wrote:
There are C and D cards in the WizKids expansions which provide minis in the six player colors. Each one provides 10 C cards and 10 D cards.
I can't find the exact thread but I'm pretty sure these cards are previews of the C & D decks - that is, they will be included in the regular C/D releases and it isn't necessary to buy the WizKid Minis to complete those decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
sao123 wrote:
Treat those as pre-constructed decks. Those cards are part of C and D and will reoccur at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bottoms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hanno wrote:

Why not just give us a Corbarius expansion including the whole 168 card c-deck? Or is it somehow impossible to fit those extra 48 cards in the box.

......or do I just not understand running a business correctly.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morningview66 wrote:
Hanno wrote:

Why not just give us a Corbarius expansion including the whole 168 card c-deck? Or is it somehow impossible to fit those extra 48 cards in the box.

Production issues. 120 cards maxes out a card sheet and fills the standard card boxes. Going for 168 means non-standard boxes and another small print sheet. Both factors would increase the cost significantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bottoms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hanno wrote:
morningview66 wrote:
Hanno wrote:

Production issues. 120 cards maxes out a card sheet and fills the standard card boxes. Going for 168 means non-standard boxes and another small print sheet. Both factors would increase the cost significantly.
Thanks for the explanation Hanno.

Turns out I don't know the broadband industry well enough

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls