Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the app without having played the board game. Is there some reason the days are advancing 2 at a time in legend 4, or is that a bug?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
I'm playing the app without having played the board game. Is there some reason the days are advancing 2 at a time in legend 4, or is that a bug?
I haven't tried the app, but do you mean the legend marker (I forget the official name) is advancing twice when you end your day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, two letters go by each day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Prof. of mathematics and lover of history. Trying to get my kids interested in board games. Knizia fan (own over 100 of his games). Worked at the National Univ. of Singapore for 22 years and spent 8 years at UC Berkeley. Love Irish history
badge
Prof. of mathematics and lover of history. Trying to get my kids interested in board games. Knizia fan (own over 100 of his games). Worked at the National Univ. of Singapore for 22 years and spent 8 years at UC Berkeley. Love Irish history
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
Right, two letters go by each day.
If you defeat a creature, then the Narrator advances one letter, but there is no night. So there might be several letters between each night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you defeat a creature, then the Narrator advances one letter, but there is no night. So there might be several letters between each night.
Is that specific to Legend 4?

Where can I find this in the rules? I'm looking at the Andor Manual, and "Legend track" is only mentioned 4 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
Quote:
Is that specific to Legend 4?

Where can I find this in the rules? I'm looking at the Andor Manual, and "Legend track" is only mentioned 4 times.
On page 2 of the Reference Manual it says "Important: In addition to moving at sunrise, the Narrator also moves whenever a creature is defeated".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dabrowski
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! So the letters are really chapters rather than days, I didn't get that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
Yup, just like the original cardboard version.

Thematically, imagine it's like a book or movie. Some chapters/scenes are the party trekking for 8 hours. Other scenes are details of an epic fight. Each letter advancement represents a chapter/scene in the retelling of this legend from the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unhandyandy wrote:
Yes. One of the key aspects of the game is that fighting monsters wasts precious time. You have to only fight the ones you have to fight. You might have to let some of them enter the castle or whatever, in order to have time to accomplish your other tasks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls