Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Skelebone, Candi, Tedward

For our final game of the evening, I was able to cajole Tedward and Candi into a game of Siesta. After a quick breakdown of the rules, we jumped into a game with me as the beginning player.

The early game had suns and shadows extending out in long lines like a game of Scrabble, but the latergame was hard fought with two long diagonals of suns and roofs; this was not because of the incorrect double-siesta translation, but rather for greater capitalization on the extant network of shadows. Open shadows were quickly swooped up by players on their turn, as were Double Siesta opportunities when they were left open. Candi renewed her perennial complaint that my sibling Tedward was more apt to give me points than he was to give points to her, but when she gained points from the either of us, she kept quiet about it.

In the end, it was a very close race, but I was able to pull out the victory on my final turn by pulling three points out of one of my existing siestas and an uncapped pair of shadows. Also, I forced the end by using the final two suns on my round.

Scores:

Skelebone 49
Tedward 47
Candi 40
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.