Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that the app is not out yet; so, this question is for the guys at Phalanx. In the runthrough videos that I’ve seen, hull breaches are pretty difficult to handle. I don’t know exactly how much time the crew is given to seal it; but, you have to 1) mobilize 5 crew to deal with the breach; 2) work the puzzle; and 3) if it looks like you’re going to run out of time, mobilize again to get the crew out of the section before it floods, killing all within.

I certainly enjoy a good challenge as much as anyone. However, for a new crew just learning the game, I don’t see how they can possibly finish sealing the breach in time. So, my question is this - is there a way to “dumb-down” the hull breach to make it easier? Or, does the app have a difficulty setting that changes the amount of time to seal the breach?

As I was writing this, I thought of one way to do it. The evacuation of the crew can occur after the timer runs out, and they are not KIA (still requires a mobilization order from the Captain). I think that’s the way it was handled in the Beasts of War video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Ozon
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chief Mechanic should train the procedure, before the sub enters hostile waters! Just choose the training mission and carry out the whole procedure as a training for the crew. It is Captain's duty to prepare his men for all combat situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I saw the timer run for 1 minute in the video.
Afaik there is a pause button in the app... I‘d say it‘s no shame for newbies in their first learning game to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would personally prefer to die miserably rather than to use the pause button in such situation, but perhaps it's just me

Anyhow, right now there is plenty more time to solve the puzzle, so no need to worry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
To me as playing solo I am tempted to use the pause button for actually checking if I really managed to put the pieces into the right positions. And of course for manual rule searching. I think the second one is acceptable even for the most hardcore folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls