[1]  Prev «  87 , 88 , 89 , 90 , 91  Next »  [91] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Twilight Zone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
And nailed the stone bit too, I’m certain.

You were our worst nightmare, despite you taking out two goods. We kept saying... we should have killed Royal.

I did think you’d be gutsy enough to jump in my queue as evil. But I’d felt bad if I was wrong considering you were the only volunteer.

Wave, I did consider. And I’m kicking myself hard now. Super hard.

I really did think it would inspire more people to vote you. Surprised me when I got back and found a lot of refusals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mbmbmbmbmb
And Stone was an aux?!
He was the false reveal!
Right team, wrong role.
Never even considered only the role would be false.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
egburr wrote:
And Stone was an aux?!
He was the false reveal!
Right team, wrong role.
Never even considered only the role would be false.
It became painfully obvious that he was mimic today.

Long Distance Call has nothing to do with getting views and but does lineup with Majai's claim. That nearly brought us down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My strategy going into this was thrown out the window immediately.

My plot was to say I was a living bridge who communicates with the dead.

I was going to fabricate a narrative and pretend all the dead were talking to me from chat.
I had a ton of lies to spew.

But then all the chats with the dead immediately surfaced and I was like, forget that plan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

You were our worst nightmare, despite you taking out two goods. We kept saying... we should have killed Royal.

I did think you’d be gutsy enough to jump in my queue as evil. But I’d felt bad if I was wrong considering you were the only volunteer.

Heh. If you'd shown any signs of being willing to vote Wave, I would have jumped back there in a flash.

Main reason I stayed on you was because I figured Wave was Evil. I came very close to posting something along the lines of "Ape / Felice / Wave" along with a nightfall - had the post ready and everything.

Would have been right on two out of three ... but the wrong nightfall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
egburr wrote:
I can't believe I was actually right about SerWave.

Sorry Ed. My only way to play as evil is to play as close to my truth as possible and I was finding it hard to spin evil reads on anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Heh. If you'd shown any signs of being willing to vote Wave, I would have jumped back there in a flash.

Main reason I stayed on you was because I figured Wave was Evil. I came very close to posting something along the lines of "Ape / Felice / Wave" along with a nightfall - had the post ready and everything.

I was hoping for a nightfall on a good today. Would have made it easier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, being a mimic in this game was really weird.

My plan was to die D2, no matter what. Ideally, I wanted to find a wolf and view the wolf and reveal as wolf, and hopefully the actual wolves would inadvertantly bus me and get them a ton of credit.

I didn't actually have that strong of a read on Majai, but I knew if I pushed Majai that he would likely come after me on D2, and that's kind of what happened. I thought he might have been evil, which would have sucked, but fortunately it worked out perfectly where I got the heat I wanted to on D1 without dying, and then was countered perfectly by SerWave to make me look worse.

There was an inadvertant lie while I had the scroll and that was the buzzer on D2. I said I only viewed for episode name. I also viewed for alignment, and could reveal as another character.

Fortunately, Majai stayed alive the whole game and didn't reveal as the same thing that I revealed as, and that made the whole thing a lot more believeable. Little did I know, Felice and Majai got a ton of credit for lynching me, and Wave's claim was perfect and made him look a ton better too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

Sorry for confusion. I considered shooting him n1 when I had opp. I never considered voting him today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
SerWave wrote:
I was hoping for a nightfall on a good today. Would have made it easier

I can imagine. Which is why I usually resist the temptation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost nightfalled majai to force a dichotomy there myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
mbmbmbmbmb
My stuff really worked out perfectly for evil, and I don't think mimics should be in games unless they are specifically mentioned, even though there was mentioned to be one false reveal. It really gave Majai and Felice way more credit than they deserved and Wave really perfectly countered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We legit thought you were good, Stone.

We thought IRINA was our aux.

The way she was fervently defending me day 1, wecwere like, oh yeah, Irina is an aux.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
I really would have switched to Majai, but I truly don't think anyone else would have followed us there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
egburr wrote:
I can't believe I was actually right about SerWave.

Sorry Ed. My only way to play as evil is to play as close to my truth as possible and I was finding it hard to spin evil reads on anyone else.
Yeah I was pretty much in good mode the entire game with the exception of ignoring majai/Felice a little too much. All of my other reads I tried to make as genuine as possible. I pushed that a lot today when we were in the endgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gg evil. Thanks for this game Mimi! It was fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole last hour I was like, Royals gonna start a train on me, Royals gonna start a train on me...

I was just waiting.

I knew I couldn't sway Royal. I just had to sway several enough other people to muddy the waters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
My stuff really worked out perfectly for evil, and I don't think mimics should be in games unless they are specifically mentioned, even though there was mentioned to be one false reveal. It really gave Majai and Felice way more credit than they deserved and Wave really perfectly countered it.

That's the funny thing. We knew you weren't a wolf, at least not a wolf with us (cub maybe?) but I never even thought about a mimic in the game until Royal mentioned it. I think because the game was meant to be tricky and using the TZ themes I just kind of ignored a standard Mimic false reveal. Facepalm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:

I think timing would have influenced my reaction.

Close to dusk? I probably nightfall on you and lose the game.

Earlier in the day? Like, before I make that evil team post? If I don't make that, I'm probably more willing to buy evil|Majai. Although getting around that stone business is tricky ... but combine that with the mimic argument? Yeah, maybe that gets me there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Mimi!

I LOVED THIS.

I officially find these games my favorite type.

Gsmes with unknown powers and cover roles.

I would play these all day every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
egburr wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
I really would have switched to Majai, but I truly don't think anyone else would have followed us there.

I considered moving my vote there early in the day and planning to move back to you later. Setting up in case the situation became necessary to bus Mike but then I saw the wind blowing and thought if I move there it's going to start a runaway train. Don't do it.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:

I think timing would have influenced my reaction.

Close to dusk? I probably nightfall on you and lose the game.

Earlier in the day? Like, before I make that evil team post? If I don't make that, I'm probably more willing to buy evil|Majai. Although getting around that stone business is tricky ... but combine that with the mimic argument? Yeah, maybe that gets me there.

It wasn’t until around 3 that I considered it. Around the time I evaluated everybody’s hunting today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did love the Twilight Zone theme.

Maybe an outer limits one next?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
***And thank you everyone for tolerating my roleplaying. I hope it enhanced the emmerson more than it frustrated people.

I literally didn't plan it until dawn and I made my welcome post and thought, I'm gonna Rod Sterling this bitch!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
egburr wrote:
I did love the Twilight Zone theme.

Maybe an outer limits one next?

Now I want to go back and watch them again. Maybe get a box set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  87 , 88 , 89 , 90 , 91  Next »  [91] |