Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
Garbled Text?
badge
Who am I?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the flow chart for coalition. It states:
"Air strike could remove Bases(s), last Player piece at Support or at any Base?"
At the end of 8.6.3 in the book, the wording is slightly different:
".. and if Air Strike could remove any bases, the last piece of a Player's Faction at support or at a Base of any Faction, Air Strike..."

Does this mean:

Could remove:
Base(s)
Or last Player Piece at Support
Or last piece at any base

Or

Could remove:
Base(s)
Or last Player Piece at Support
Or last Player piece at any base

I feel like the first one makes more sense, but the second appears close to a literal interpretation. Let me know which is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the first one.

I definitely see where there could be some ambiguity in the flow chart but the rule book is pretty clear in distinguishing between a Player faction and Any faction (bot or player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schroeder

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
Garbled Text?
badge
Who am I?
mbmbmbmbmb
reemer wrote:
I would say the first one.

I definitely see where there could be some ambiguity in the flow chart but the rule book is pretty clear in distinguishing between a Player faction and Any faction (bot or player).
Thanks, I agree with you on the interpretation.

I think knowing how the game works really helps with this one, but I was also am not sure how they intended the bot to play, since maybe he isn't supposed to "help" the government as a player to remove too many Taliban. I disagree that either is very clear (as someone who has to write clear requirements for software as their job), it should have been written as (in the manual):

".. and if Air Strike could remove any bases, the last piece of a Player's Faction at support, or the last guerrilla at the its own Faction's base(s), Air Strike..."

And probably something different on the reference sheet (though there is obviously a space limitation there, so I don't have a suggestion for that).

Maybe they had to save room in the manual which is why this longer (but way clearer) sentence wasn't used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls