Subject: Fonts used for player board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey gang, I've just laid out the text for a fan faction, but have been having a hard time pinpointing the font that's used for the general ability descriptions.

So far, I've gotten the Luminari font for the faction title, but the font apps online haven't been doing it for the actual text descriptions on the board.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r d
msg tools
Well, Baskerville and its variations seem to fit best for me, particularly Libre Baskerville

I can't ever get the font's thickness or size to fit perfectly each time, but the shape seems to be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Yearsley
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Batofara wrote:
Well, Baskerville and its variations seem to fit best for me, particularly Libre Baskerville

I can't ever get the font's thickness or size to fit perfectly each time, but the shape seems to be perfect.
Baskerville Pro. It's funny: Cole was very strict about us not accidentally mixing in Libre Baskerville in production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r d
msg tools
Caedar wrote:
Baskerville Pro. It's funny: Cole was very strict about us not accidentally mixing in Libre Baskerville in production.
Well this solves that problem for me lol

I've spent much longer than I should been on trying to slightly alter Libre Baskerville in order to make it look like the font that Root uses, but it was always slightly off and it bothered me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin M
Germany
Passau
Bayern
flag msg tools
mb
This was very useful, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anjovi Kulam
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Thank you guys so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caedar wrote:
Batofara wrote:

He would give me a Reese's peanut butter cup every time I did it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fowler
msg tools
GreenM wrote:
Caedar wrote:
Batofara wrote:

He would give me a Reese's peanut butter cup every time I did it right.
And licorice when it was wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fowler
msg tools
Trying to create/find general assets for creating faction boards. It would be nice if someone could share a template. (Although, most seem to just estimate/paste over existing boards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin M
Germany
Passau
Bayern
flag msg tools
mb
Combobattle wrote:
Trying to create/find general assets for creating faction boards. It would be nice if someone could share a template. (Although, most seem to just estimate/paste over existing boards.)
What programs are you working with?
It would make sense to build a library of different boxes as vector files and some cropped pixel art from the original boards.

I can provide the few i made, but its not nearly enough for a full faction board.

/Edit I consulted with a web designer friend of mine and will prepare flexible vector files based on his suggestions. Though I won't be home the next few hours and the templates might take a while to create

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
Parkland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caedar wrote:

Baskerville Pro.
*frantically checks rules reference file headers*

Baskerville Old Face

*clicks Visio drop-down*

No other Baskerville options.

*whew*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fowler
msg tools
Neat, if anything comes of it share it here!
I figured there were several such board art pieces out there, and was curious to see what had been made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin M
Germany
Passau
Bayern
flag msg tools
mb

I could share this, but its made in "Affinity Designer" and i'm not sure how well these vector montages translate into other file formats (fe psd).

However i can make some "standard sample boxes" and export them as png with transparency, if that would help you guys.

edit:
here is some vectors extracted from the marquise (as png):
https://i.imgur.com/cEsGTut.png
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fowler
msg tools
St0l3n_ID wrote:

I could share this, but its made in "Affinity Designer" and i'm not sure how well these vector montages translate into other file formats (fe psd).

However i can make some "standard sample boxes" and export them as png with transparency, if that would help you guys.

edit:
here is some vectors extracted from the marquise (as png):
https://i.imgur.com/hp0ZezH.png
Your demo looks amazing, but an error turns up when I use the link, saying "Access to i.imgur.com was denied. You don't have authorization to view this page.

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls