Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi folks,

I noticed that when I go to rate a game I own, there’s an ‘Advanced’ link below it where you can add private information about how much you paid for the game as well as other info.

I am wondering if I do this for all the games I have bought, is there some way to view the total I’ve spent on my little game collection? Or is this feature available somewhere else on BGG?

(I realise a lot of people would not want to know their total board game spend 😂 But I thought it would be a good feature and is probably already available somewhere on the site).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check to see if there are any tools that export your BGG collection information. If so, if you consistently format the information in that field, then you can probably import the data to Excel or some database platform for analysis.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
leelee220 wrote:
knowing that number may be a bad thing
Lol yeah. I guess that’s why you have to export the data and put it in an Excel spreadsheet. BGG is a happy place, but nothing good happens in Excel spreadsheets 😂

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
spaghetti & Meeples
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Levrette wrote:
Hi folks,

I noticed that when I go to rate a game I own, there’s an ‘Advanced’ link below it where you can add private information about how much you paid for the game as well as other info.

I am wondering if I do this for all the games I have bought, is there some way to view the total I’ve spent on my little game collection? Or is this feature available somewhere else on BGG?

(I realise a lot of people would not want to know their total board game spend 😂 But I thought it would be a good feature and is probably already available somewhere on the site).

Thanks!
I cant find this advanced link anywhere, can you tell me where it is?

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wahl
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
leelee220 wrote:
knowing that number may be a bad thing
No, it's good, like keeping track of your calories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kollppo wrote:

Cheers
If you go to a game that you have rated, next to your star rating there is a link that says ‘Edit’. Click on that and scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on the link that says ‘Advanced’.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Levrette wrote:
Kollppo wrote:

Cheers
If you go to a game that you have rated, next to your star rating there is a link that says ‘Edit’. Click on that and scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on the link that says ‘Advanced’.
In the collection view, it's the Private Info column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls