Root» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crafting (2 suits needed) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Global Nomad
Switzerland
Zug
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
If 2 crafting pieces must be used to craft a card do they need to be in the same clearing ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eira Følling
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rule saying they must.

And it would make some factions unable to craft most cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pearson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no they dont but they can be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Tatu
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Especially since these two crafting pieces can correspond to different suits...

Also Woodland Alliance can only have one Sympathy token per clearing so that would prevent them to craft most of the cards in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerbique wrote:
Also Woodland Alliance can only have one Sympathy token per clearing so that would prevent them to craft most of the cards in the game.
Same for Eyrie and its roosts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin M
Germany
Passau
Bayern
flag msg tools
mb
Essentially summing this up:

All factions have some sort of limitation if it comes to crafting.

The Cats can build multiple workshops in one clearing to check of more then one of the needed blibs, however there is no rule telling them two. Two rabbit clearings with one workshop each do the same thing as one clearing with two workshops. The same goes for lizards and their gardens.

This would be true for all factions as well, but:
Eyrie craft with roosts, which have a build limitation of one per clearing.
The woodland alliance works kind of like the eyrie as they craft with sympathy, which also has a place limitation of 1.
The Vagabonds hammers always have the suit of the clearing he is on, preventing him from crafting cards that need more then one suit (aka. no multicolor cards, also no cards with more then 3 blibs)
Riverfolk just dont care and spend resources instead.surprise

Refer to 4.1.1 & each factions "craft action"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jP J
msg tools
I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere, and I missed it. Lots of posts here!
The Cat has two workshops connected by paths in a fox and in a rabbit clearing. Is the cat allowed to craft a 2-fox card or a 2-rabbit card? Or must he have 2 fox workshops?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
33mistletoe33 wrote:
I apologize if this is addressed elsewhere, and I missed it. Lots of posts here!
The Cat has two workshops connected by paths in a fox and in a rabbit clearing. Is the cat allowed to craft a 2-fox card or a 2-rabbit card? Or must he have 2 fox workshops?
The latter! 2 fox workshops for a 2-fox card, 2 rabbit workshops for a 2-rabbit card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eira Følling
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
33mistletoe33 wrote:
Why are you asking this here when I already answered you in the other thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jP J
msg tools
Because I'm an idiot who realized what he had done after the fact, and was not familiar enough with the Web site and GUI's to find and correct the error. I hereby apologize to His Eminence and kowtow before the Gods and Goddesses of Root Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls