16 Posts

The Quacks of Quedlinburg: The Herb Witches» Forums » General

Subject: Box content? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
Hey folks, I know the game starts hitting the local dealers here in Germany right now. Did anybody already get a chance to pick one copy up and thus can reveal some detailed information about the expansions content? How many new book sets, how many tokens, new cards, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Everything is displayed in this video:
https://boardgamegeek.com/video/206999/die-quacksalber-von-q...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodman
United States
Springville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the chips in the video, but I can't count them! Just looked for a rulebook online, wasn't able to find one. Would love to know if I have enough leftover coin capsules to "sleeve" the expansion chips as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carighan Maconar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got it in the mail and unpacked it:

- 153 new ingredients chips (including tons more of the 1/2/4 ones we already have, disproportionally more than you'd need for a 5th player oddly enough)
- 4x2 new rulebooks for existing ingredients
- 12 witches, 4 of each type
- 20 new rubies
- 15 coins (3 per player) with which to pay the witches
- 5 of the extra bowls
- material for a fifth player, black
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodman
United States
Springville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for the info. But yeah, that IS a lot of chips surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very strange re: the number of chips. The rules specifically say that the components are limited (presumably because they're a specific size and shape, so you can't just use anything to substitute), but then you don't do anything different to set up the game depending on the number of players.

I wonder if the "extra" chips are just to make it quite unlikely to run out of any chips regardless of the player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobi Eb
msg tools
mb
I am wondering too, if they aim for the target to not run out of any kind of chips during the game....this is part of a strategie behind the game for me and my group...by chips quick enough before they may run out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeAubrey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
in more boxes
badge
mb
Tobinsky wrote:
I am wondering too, if they aim for the target to not run out of any kind of chips during the game....this is part of a strategie behind the game for me and my group...by chips quick enough before they may run out...
That's interesting! In lower player counts it's not even close to being a possibility. So should we create an Orleáns-like player-count chip distribution only for 4/5 players, or for 2/3/4/5 players, or call this game light and flexible enough that is doesn't matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeAubrey wrote:
Tobinsky wrote:
That's interesting! In lower player counts it's not even close to being a possibility. So should we create an Orleáns-like player-count chip distribution only for 4/5 players, or for 2/3/4/5 players, or call this game light and flexible enough that is doesn't matter?
How about both? The dearth of purples makes them an auto-buy in 4P games, and heavily favors them in 3P games. Kind of like going after the purple gems in Niagara: everyone needs to do it or else someone quickly gets ahead. I think having a lighter variant without restrictions would be a nice alternative to the thinkier, limited ingredient game we currently have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorn Peeters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Carighan wrote:
Just got it in the mail and unpacked it:

- 153 new ingredients chips (including tons more of the 1/2/4 ones we already have, disproportionally more than you'd need for a 5th player oddly enough)
- 4x2 new rulebooks for existing ingredients
- 12 witches, 4 of each type
- 20 new rubies
- 15 coins (3 per player) with which to pay the witches
- 5 of the extra bowls
- material for a fifth player, black
Would it be possible to sum up how many of each chip there are? The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning to upgrade my tokens to wooden discs and would like to order extra discs so I can upgrade the ones in the expansion aswell.
Also, could you tell me what colour the background of the new 'Fool's herb' is?

Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sky
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mb
If I didn't misscount you will have:

-26 Black
-22 Lila
-45 Red
-58 Green
-52 blue
-45 Yellow
-52 Orange
-25 Fool's Herbs (the colour is turquoise or something like that)

That's all chips base game + expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorn Peeters
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
BlazingTornado19 wrote:
If I didn't misscount you will have:

-26 Black
-22 Lila
-45 Red
-58 Green
-52 blue
-45 Yellow
-52 Orange
-25 Fool's Herbs (the colour is turquoise or something like that)

That's all chips base game + expansion
Thank you very much! 😀

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an extra of each of the 1, 2, and 3 white chips. This is beyond the ones for the fifth player. I.e. I have six 1s, five 2s, and two 3s. Any idea what the extra ones are for? Just extra space on the sheet in case you lose some?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeAubrey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
in more boxes
badge
mb
Asmor wrote:
I have an extra of each of the 1, 2, and 3 white chips. This is beyond the ones for the fifth player. I.e. I have six 1s, five 2s, and two 3s. Any idea what the extra ones are for? Just extra space on the sheet in case you lose some?
The original game came with those extra chips (and were marked as extra on the punch sheet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the total 43 for White?

8 time 5 players and three extras or did I miss something?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No new prophecies? There seems to be scope for so many more, for the base game and/or the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls