Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

I ordered a copy of the base game and plan on getting some extra heroes to go along with it. I hear that in a 4 player game the tokens and dice get scarce. I already ordered 6 extra dice. What extra tokens are needed for this game?

Also, are AQ: Inferno Exclusive Heroes compatible with the original Arcadia Quest?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginarypet wrote:
What extra tokens are needed for this game?
No idea, I never have a lack of gold coins or anything. The extra dice are handy, though.
By the way if you buy Inferno + KSE box you don't necessarily need even more extra heroes. Better save your money for the Beyond the Grave box.

imaginarypet wrote:
are AQ: Inferno Exclusive Heroes compatible with the original Arcadia Quest?Thanks!
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ah, cool thanks.

Yea I didn't want to get inferno because I heard the other expansion boxes offer more. For now I want to see how the game plays and I know the one thing that is missing from the base is a lack of variety in heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginarypet wrote:
I know the one thing that is missing from the base is a lack of variety in heroes.
True that.

Not sure how often you played AQ thus far? If you realy like the game I'd think getting Inferno (or even the KS edition if available for a reasonable sum) as Inferno gets you an extra 12 heroes as well. Ad as a 3rd option i'd get Beyond the grave, the best rated campaign and it offers 2 more heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginarypet wrote:
ah, cool thanks.

Yea I didn't want to get inferno because I heard the other expansion boxes offer more. For now I want to see how the game plays and I know the one thing that is missing from the base is a lack of variety in heroes.
Inferno certainly offers the most for the money as far as the game is concerned. 12 new heroes, all new moderated types, angels, new equipment, a whole new campaign. The smaller boxes like Beyond the Grave are nice, but only have 2 new heroes and the campaign is slightly shorter.

If you are just starting out, the big boxes are a much better way to go as the extra hero choices alone will add a lot more variety to your games.

That said, extra dice are always a good thing. (Inferno will also give you a fill extra set of those). I've never seen a need for extras of any tokens or anything for the game though. It comes with plenty. A lot of people tend to upgrade top the plastic 3d tokens over the cardboard ones, but that's just cosmetic and personal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A second whole set of dice is a huge difference. I don't mean buying the official dice pack which is not enough to be worth the cost.
I bought my spare dice from a German with a set that was missing parts

We occasionally run out of coins and need a substitute, but it's rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
imaginarypet wrote:
Also, are AQ: Inferno Exclusive Heroes compatible with the original Arcadia Quest?
All of them work fine except for the angels, which are overpowered by design, and Cassius which ability mostly applies to weapons exclusive to Inferno and would therefore be underpowered if used in the original game.

All of the bonus characters provided by Beyond the Grave, Pets, Masmorra and the character packs sold seperately however are 100% compatible (as well as some Kickstarter exclusives you might find sitting around on ebay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I should say as many of the cards from Inferno can be mixed in with the original game, the problem with Cassius can be somewhat circumvented (or avoided entirely if you're willing to take some of the original cards out so that the new ones are equally likely to get drawn).

The same is true for one of the characters from the Riders expansion, while the other character from that expansion is again 100% compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
The smaller boxes like Beyond the Grave are nice, but only have 2 new heroes and the campaign is slightly shorter.
The campaigns in the expansions aren't really shorter: they all are finshed after 6 missions (just like the Core or Inferno campaigns).

In the expansions the amount of scenarios to choose from is smaller, though. For example the Core game has 11 scenarios, Inferno even has one more. Beyond the Grave has 9. Pets has only 6. The Fall of Arcadia and Riders have 9 (6 plus 3 alternative scenarios).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Hurskainen
Finland
flag msg tools
I just purchased the game too and I'm also looking for some extra dice, but I cannot find those anywhere. Any tips where I could find some here in UK/EU?

CMON did not have any either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls