Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Hero Realms unbalanced? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Roman
msg tools
My kids and I thought moving on to a 4 player game of Hero Realms would be an nice change and an upgrade from 2 player Star Realms battles. We were wrong. The combat cards so heavily outweigh the health cards that games are over in 15 minutes with no feeling of accompishment other than you've hit the hardest and got lucky on guards. Any suggestions. Kind of a big disappointment, probably should've got Colony Wars expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that where the blue in Star Realms is a valid move (increasing your health), it's not as impactful in Hero Realms.

More is the idea of culling your deck - Star Realms, it's a good idea, but Hero Realms it doesn't benefit you much at all. It's a much quicker game so you have to adapt accordingly.

wf
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JonRom69 wrote:
My kids and I thought moving on to a 4 player game of Hero Realms would be an nice change and an upgrade from 2 player Star Realms battles. We were wrong. The combat cards so heavily outweigh the health cards that games are over in 15 minutes with no feeling of accompishment other than you've hit the hardest and got lucky on guards. Any suggestions. Kind of a big disappointment, probably should've got Colony Wars expansion.
Not in my experience. There is WAY more healing in Hero Realms. I had a game with my son that was already at an hour when we called it because it was past his bedtime.

I sold my Hero Realms very soon after getting the wave 2 KS shipment because it is far inferior to Star Realms.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say that I much prefer the co-op version of the game as opposed to the vs. Have you tried it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

South Carolina
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
warrenfitz45 wrote:
I will say that I much prefer the co-op version of the game as opposed to the vs. Have you tried it?
Ditto. Hero Realms was definitely designed with the co-op campaign in mind. If you want a solid 4p experience with the realms engine, Cthulhu Realms is the best implementation.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
warrenfitz45 wrote:
I will say that I much prefer the co-op version of the game as opposed to the vs. Have you tried it?
Yes I did, after playing thru what came in the KS content, I was sorely disappointed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roman
msg tools
Thanks for the response. I don't have Star Realms handy to compare, but in Hero Realms out of 120 cards (in 4 player) 17 have healing (14%) and of those, 6 are faction generated. Still seems to me that before you can hope to buy a few healers or get the factions you are pummeled to death.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roman
msg tools
Thanks for the response. No co-op yet, but we will for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
heroesbane wrote:
If you want a solid 4p experience with the realms engine, Cthulhu Realms is the best implementation.
For me, Cthulhu Realms feels like Star Realms reimplemented by someone who hates Star Realms. None of the cards are cool or exciting, all of them give you a bit of a bunch of resources, and often give you decisions with no obvious good choices. It is all shades of bland and choices for the sake of choices.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls