- Ain Powa(Ainpowa)
Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my house rules for Zombicide Black Plauge. The game changes a lot, I'm going to change all the parts that I think are a bit 'weak. The description proceeds by thematic points, with relative explanation
1) Initially I printed and cut most of the custom cards created in the network greatly expanding the repertoire of weapons and armor and consumables.
Divide the bunch of objects into 2 decks, one containing weapons and armor, the other containing all the rest. When a player decides to search they will be able to choose between which of the two decks to draw. Doing so reduces the occurrence of the case in which one is completely at the mercy of the enemies.
2) Returning to the green horde rules, every time you generate X zombies, put 1 aside in an area that we will call HORDE, in the case of "double generation" put the zombies in the Horde area. When a necromancer card comes out, if it is not already in play Generate all the zombies that you have accumulated in the HORDE area at the same time.
3) If a character is inside a room with no enemy, it is possible to pass a turn without taking actions and recovering 1 HP
4) If a character dies, the player can start again with a new character with 0 exp and no equip starting from the crypt. The dead man's objects remain on the ground for 2 turns. The other players can recover them by going to the square and spending the point to search.
The fact that before all the heroes play then the bad guys is undoubtedly immediate, but in my opinion does not work too well, I have rethought the system of initiative. Take 6 pieces of paper and write on a number from 1 to 6, you will use them to take account of your turn.
5) I find it senseless that the heroes go around loads of stuff like merchants, or rather they can do it but the stuff weighs.
The number of items in the 6 slots bag determines the initiative value. The more objects you have, the higher the number of initiatives will be, the more you will be slow. The initiative value determines the order of play, at the end of each turn count the number of items in the bag and update your initiative numer, (check the tab) moving from the lowest to highest order of play is easily determined. Two players with the same initiative number will decide who will move first among them. Even the enemies have a value of initiative, with the same initiative these will always act after the players.
No objects Initiative
Zombie, Necro 2
Please consider red number under initiative column
6) Each character with 0 items in his inventory can use the "Sprint" ability once per turn.
Zombicide combat is too simplistic and has influence over the entire flow of play, if you do not find the right dragon weapon, you are practically screwed and it does not make sense.
7) Fatty can be eliminated with a 1 hit 2 damage or with 4 hits by 1 damage, all shots must be played in the same turn
8) The life points of the abominations is based on level 4 blue 5 yellow 6 orange 7 red. You need a weapon with at least 2+ to hurt them. The dragon fire inflicts 4 damage on it.
9) Abominations if killed due to multiple damage with the dragon bile confer 5 experience points to those who set fire, otherwise each damage inflicted 1 point of experience
10) The killing of enemies with at least 2 HP allows to draw an equip card, while the abominations allow to draw a crypt card
11) During the attack, if the dice comes out double 1 the weapon is destroyed
I introduced this system to bring a series of unexpected situations that move the gameplay
Once a player has finished his turn, he casts 1d6 and 1d10 and keeps the result hidden from the others. The die of 6 will have a value of ten, while the d10 as a unit. Putting the two numbers together will go to see the corresponding event in the list below. The event is resolved in the player's turn after him. If the active player runs into the described condition then it must be fulfilled, there are some global events.
When it comes to barriers, they virtually have life points that scale when hit with a weapon that can break doors.
If the player enter an already open room read:
10. You have been attacked, draws enemies card
11. Notice a treasure, draw an Equip or Weapon card
12. Drop a beam behind you, place a die with a value of 2 on the door. It must be hit 2 times to be destroyed
13. Break the floor. An ally must come to you, spend an action point to recover you. Due to a wound the next two rounds you can not use the sprint or move over 2 squares
14. Break the floor and find a chest with a crypt waeapon.
15. The room catches fire, beams fall with 2 life on all outputs, if it does not go out within 3 turns will die with every zombie in it.
16. The room catches fire, beams fall with 2 life on all outputs, if it does not come out within 3 turns will die. Place a chest in the middle of the room with crypth weapon, this can be inspected by everyone as long as the fire lasts and then it will be destroyed.
If the player enter a closed room
17. Warn the player that there are barrels of gunpowder, a spell would kill everyone present, including him
18. Warn the player that there are barrels of gunpowder, a spell would cause 1 hp damage to all present, including him
19. Warn the player that the room is flooded, moving costs 1 more movement and can not be used. Fire weapons do not work
20. Warn the player that a spell causes 1 damage to everyone present including him. Fire weapons do not work
21. Drop a beam behind you, place a die with a value of 2 on the door. It must be hit 2 times to be destroyed
22. If the player enters the room collapsed beams with 1 PV on all available outputs.
23. Break the floor. An ally must come to you, spend an action point to recover you. Due to a wound the next two rounds you can not use the shot or move over 2 squares (if unreachable by possible enemies)
24. Break the floor and find a chest with a crypt paper. (if in reachable from possible enemies)
25. The door remains must try again to open it by spending another action point
26. Slamming the door kills the weakest of the enemies revealed by the card.
27. If use a spell or a fire weapon in the room then all enemies take 2 damage but a beam with 2 VP falls. Players lose 1 pv for each turn remaining in the house
28. Use a spell or lightning weapon in a closed room then all enemies take 2 damage but a beam with 2 HP falls. Players lose 1 pv for each turn remaining in the house
If you use a cure on yourself or your allies
29. Treatment is damaged and is ineffective
30. Care works perfectly, cure 2 wounds
31. Divine protection: with only one cure can cure 2 allies if on the same box.
If Use a ranged weapon
32. If the hit hits, kill two enemies together
33. The enemy is lucky and does not do anything.
34. If the hit does not hit the attacker can withdraw the dice for free
35. It is very precise that he does not need to roll the dice to hit.
36. Warn the player that the favorable weather conditions have lowered the requirements to hit by 1
37. Warn the player who sees nothing and has one of the requirements to hit.
38. Warn the player that favorable weather conditions have raised +1 the range of his weapon
39. Warn the player that the unfavorable weather conditions have lowered -1 the range of his weapon
If he equipped a white weapon
40. If the hit hits two enemies at the same time
41. The enemy is lucky and you do not do anything
42. If the shot is not successful, you can collect the dice for free
43. Warn the player who is infuriated, each hit is +1 damage, but empty shots hit 1 player on the same square.
44. Warn the player that the favorable weather conditions have lowered the requirements to hit by 1
If you use Dragon Bile
45. Conditions are favorable due to 4 damages
46. Unfavorable conditions only 2 damage
If a spell where there are other survivors
47. If the shot does not go well besides hurting a mate, he also destroys an equipped item (chooses the victim)
48. If the hit hits, kill two enemies at the same time
49. If a hit is not successful, you can collect the dice for free
50. It starts to rain, for the next 2 turns you can not use spells outside, while lightning spells if they hit hit anyone on the box.
51. Lightning storm, for the next 2 rounds a lightning strike will hit anyone at the end of the turn outside and equipped a blade or a hammer. Weapons can be discarded and lightning strikes 1 enemy in the box.
52. Windstorm. For the next two rounds it is impossible to use arches and crossbows outside
53. Magic barrier. For the next two rounds it is impossible to use magic on the streets.
54. Hurricane. For the next 3 turns it is impossible to use crossbows or arches, at most you can move two boxes on the street
55. Blood magic, the player exchanges his life with those who have less. If it's him nothing happens
56. If it is on the outside an arrow hits it does not damage it but for 2 turns it can not use the shot.
57. Due to a curse, for 1 whole turn from now all kills give double experience
58. Receives divine protection, until the end of the turn can defend with a 4+ shield
59. The player slips and loses a random item between those in his bag.
60. The player stumbles into a weapon and draws a card from its deck
61. The player stumbles into an equipment and draws a card from its deck.
62. Stumbles into a rattle, for every turn every action produces twice the noise
63. Find rubber shoes, for the whole shift move does not produce noise.
64. A divine blessing takes care of 1 PV.
If he has just been wounded
65. Until the end of the round, he is sprinkled with blood, he gain rotten skill.
66. It is hard to keep arms, until the end of the round has a malus of +1 to hit.
Search for weapon or equipment
67. He can draw the first 2 cards and keep 1
68. The object fished turns out to be broken, draw again
69. Reveal a chest with 1 crypt item
Sorry for wot and for my bad english, probabily there are a lot of mistake.
- [+] Dice rolls
- Jim PUnited KingdomFistful of Meeples
It feels like Zombicide may not be the game you want.
Yes it's simplistic, but it's very good at being a simple dice-chucker.
If you want something that takes a more realistic approach to equipment, has more granular events etc, then there are plenty of games out there which have been playtested, rather than needing to homebrew a bunch of mods onto a ruleset that was never really designed for that.
- [+] Dice rolls
- Jack Reda(The Warp)United States
VirginiaMy favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
- Please keep homebrewing. No reason not to play with the tools in the box.
- [+] Dice rolls
- Humberto Villela(humbas)Brazil
RO1984 - Big Brother was watching me.
- Although I tend to agree with Jim P when he says Zombicide may not be the game you want, I see you've put some real effort into making the game more palatable to your taste, and that's a very cool thing to do.
- [+] Dice rolls