Subject: Official Advanced Solo Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Nerger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey guys!

Jeff and I are super stoked to see so many people playing the solo variants of Crypt. This morning I had a shower thought and had to share it. I propose to you the (not so new) Advanced Solo Variant!

For players looking to freshen up the solo experience or want to reduce a little bit of the luck element, try playing the Conspiring Twins Variant in the Book of Variants file.

This variant works much the same way as the solo mode, but introduces a couple of new wrinkles. First, you'll be playing as two siblings, positioning two opponent ghosts in between your turns (turns trade off between ghosts, and player). This means you will also have two separate treasure piles (one for each sibling). Treasure pile scores will need to be balance, because at the end of the game, only your highest scoring pile will count towards your final score.

The one rule you will need to ignore is "Do not discuss the Coin values of your Treasure with your twin." For this solo version you are allowed to look at any collected cards, but remember to keep the piles separate and do not peak at any face-down cards you've claimed until after they've been divided between your two siblings.

I believe that the additional dice will help normalize the dice distribution curve, and the extra rules will make for a crunchier game.

Hope you guys enjoy!

-Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls