The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire» Forums » General

Subject: What are your favorite Global Impact cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clayton Weaver

Jefferson City
Missouri
msg tools
One of my favorite things about Energy Empire is how the Global Impact cards impact the game. Its a tremendous mechanic that keeps the game dynamic and really adds to the theme and decision making.

The one Early Global Impact card that I'm always happy to see is Automation. It lets you trade one of your workers for an energy die. I find that more often than not my playgroup is reluctant to buy a Nuclear Die early on but thats not at all the case with this card. Most people gladly welcome the Victory Points and the turbo boost to their engine even if it means that their board is going to get a little complicated.

The Late Global Impact card that has the most entertaining impact is the Nuclear Fallout card. Each player gets to block a board space with Nuclear Contamination. This always leads to some fun decision making as everyone tries to weigh which board spaces they don't need with which board space they know that their opponents' need. This also leads to agonizing decisions later on when you try to figure out if its worth going to a blocked space or not.

Do you guys have any Global Impact cards that you love seeing? Hate seeing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Corvin
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just played a round of this game with the achievement that rewards nuclear contamination. At one point I played the space on the board that lets you view a Global Impact card, and i got to see that Nuclear Fallout was nigh.

Others might have been distressed, but I was thrilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Williams
United Kingdom
Beckenham, KENT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nuclear Fallout is certainly the card I like the least. I always seem to have a fairly polluted environment and dread that card coming out. The cleanup space is the first to get blocked, effectively rendering it useless and screwing over any cleanup plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Weaver

Jefferson City
Missouri
msg tools
Sunmachine wrote:
The cleanup space is the first to get blocked, effectively rendering it useless and screwing over any cleanup plans.
The Spots that buy Structures are usually the first spaces blocked with my group but Cleanup is almost always blocked, too.

Occasionally, we'll pick the Trade location or the Oil Drilling location if it looks like someone will need those spots. In my experience, people will usually eat the pollution unless its in the Cleanup space. If someone puts it on that space then usually that space is ignored for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls