Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Hostage Negotiator» Forums » Rules

Subject: You'll never see it coming into Get to the point rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have played a game in which a very early You'll Never See It Coming has put a Get To The Point on top of the terror deck.

Get To The Point says that I cannot purchase 0 cost cards for the remainder of the game.

Am I basically screwed or does the card mean remainder of the turn but is written game because it was never supposed to land in the first half of the terror deck to begin with?

Shame I could have won playing without 0 card if I had rolled doubles on the last 2 cards I had left but I whiffed both times.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
So I have played a game in which a very early You'll Never See It Coming has put a Get To The Point on top of the terror deck.

Get To The Point says that I cannot purchase 0 cost cards for the remainder of the game.

Am I basically screwed or does the card mean remainder of the turn but is written game because it was never supposed to land in the first half of the terror deck to begin with?

Shame I could have won playing without 0 card if I had rolled doubles on the last 2 cards I had left but I whiffed both times.
Hey Raz,

This is covered here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1864745/youll-never-see-it-...) in the Crime Wave forum. In short, yes it should only impact one turn.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
So I have played a game in which a very early You'll Never See It Coming has put a Get To The Point on top of the terror deck.

Get To The Point says that I cannot purchase 0 cost cards for the remainder of the game.

Am I basically screwed or does the card mean remainder of the turn but is written game because it was never supposed to land in the first half of the terror deck to begin with?

Shame I could have won playing without 0 card if I had rolled doubles on the last 2 cards I had left but I whiffed both times.
Hey Raz,

This is covered here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1864745/youll-never-see-it-...) in the Crime Wave forum. In short, yes it should only impact one turn.
Whoopsie daisy

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
vanrydergames wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
So I have played a game in which a very early You'll Never See It Coming has put a Get To The Point on top of the terror deck.

Get To The Point says that I cannot purchase 0 cost cards for the remainder of the game.

Am I basically screwed or does the card mean remainder of the turn but is written game because it was never supposed to land in the first half of the terror deck to begin with?

Shame I could have won playing without 0 card if I had rolled doubles on the last 2 cards I had left but I whiffed both times.
Hey Raz,

This is covered here (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1864745/youll-never-see-it-...) in the Crime Wave forum. In short, yes it should only impact one turn.
Whoopsie daisy

Thanks!
I wouldn't have expected you to find it. I knew about it and it even took me a bit to find it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thornton
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heh, this exact same thing happened to me last night during my first game with Crime Wave combined cards.

I was willing to accept it as an unlikely combo that made losing interesting in a whole new way, but I'll use the "next turn" wording instead so I still have a chance if it happens again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls