Subject: Where can I download a current (and hopefully fixed) rulebook ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Mann
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found nothing in the file section here on BGG. I found nothing on the publisher's website. Perhaps I'm blind. Not much sense in mentioning in the kickstarter comments since that will more than likely go ignored. Tried their support link and it just says "coming soon" [sounds like what Canadians kept hearing about the game 4 months after others had their copies; but i digress].

Finally received the game. Looks great and pumped to play, but to say the printed manual has some issues would be an understatement.

Where can I download a current & fixed copy of the rule-book ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Crofton
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To what issues are you referring? I’ve played a number of games without a rules question. There’s also almost no rule questions in this forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are typos and such, but I believe the rules are absolutely serviceable without any errors beyond grammar. We are working on corrections and will notify in the forums when it is ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Mann
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
To what issues are you referring? I’ve played a number of games without a rules question. There’s also almost no rule questions in this forum.
I didn't bother going much past the top of page 4 tbh:

3. Setup
If this is your first time playing we recommend
referring to the First Game setup on page 24 to
get you playing as quickly as possible.

Page 24 is the back page of the book which contains the glossary and credits. So, assuming this was just the wrong page number, page by page I went back (23,22,21,etc) looking for "First Game setup". Saw "First Game Overview" and thought to myself "oh good, this must be it" .. not.

Seeing a glaring error like this, I assumed there would be more and went online to find a corrected rulebook (thus this thread). Not finding one, I chose to shelf the game and use my limited free time playing something else.

Considering how long ago some backers received their copies (4+ months), I'm surprised (well not really) there isn't a corrected rule-book available for download by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BalsaWood wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

3. Setup
If this is your first time playing we recommend
referring to the First Game setup on page 24 to
get you playing as quickly as possible.

Page 24 is the back page of the book which contains the glossary and credits. So, assuming this was just the wrong page number, page by page I went back (23,22,21,etc) looking for "First Game setup". Saw "First Game Overview" and thought to myself "oh good, this must be it" .. not.

Seeing a glaring error like this, I assumed there would be more and went online to find a corrected rulebook (thus this thread). Not finding one, I chose to shelf the game and use my limited free time playing something else.

Considering how long ago some backers received their copies, (4+ months) I'm surprised (well not really) there isn't a corrected rule-book available for download by now.
Yeah, that's a bit of a bummer, but the rulebook is perfectly fine beyond that. No need to wait playing the game, unless you are one of those obsessive types who can't let something like this go.

I've played the game many times now, and aside from that weird error, the rulebook is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
KingCroc wrote:
...unless you are one of those obsessive types who can't let something like this go.
BalsaWood wrote:
Yeah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools

So has there been a corrected rulebook posted yet? The errors in this rule book are rather inexcusable. And even worse I can't find anything that suggests they have fixed these issues:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2116951/errors-setup-page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Lambeth
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
SQUEEK!
mbmbmbmbmb
An updated rulebook has been uploaded to Kolossal's Website.

I'm trying to upload the newest rulebook to BGG, but keep having it crash during the upload. The pdf may be too large. I'll post again if I get it uploaded.

Please let me know if you spot any more issues so we can fix them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools

Umm, those are still not the fixed rules. Look at the list half-way down in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2116951/errors-setup-page

I just checked and all the errors are still present in the rule book I just downloaded from your link.

Your link from your site includes the url text "/uploads/2019/01/Kami-Sama-Rulebook-Web.pdf".

Dated January 2019. So those are not new rules.

Has there been a mistake and you didn't fix the link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aj Lambeth
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
SQUEEK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rilos,

Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the correct link to the Dropbox Link
This will also be uploaded to Kolossal's website soon.

I've also uploaded a lower quality version of this rulebook to the BGG files. It doesn't appear to be showing up at the moment but should be there once its approved by the admins.

Thanks again for catching our mistakes and letting us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools

Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls