Subject: No shipping friendly and missing delivery problems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura Crane
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have to say I'd got this game flagged to come back to on KS, but now I've had to remove it.

1. It's shipping VAT friendly from Germany, for Germany, but everyone else has to pay VAT? Why not ship everything in the EU from Germany then?

2. If you don't get your parcel, you have to pay for the shipping again. 99% of my KS board games have arrived fine, but a couple have gone astray. One company said tough pay again, the other shipped out the game straight away with no cost to me. The latter gets more of my money, the former doesn't. Maybe have "everyone" pay for shipping, then you could have proper tracking on the parcels and sorted EU / Canada / Australia customs shipping out

It's still a possible one for me if it hits retail, guess we'll have to see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
KangaLaura wrote:
I have to say I'd got this game flagged to come back to on KS, but now I've had to remove it.

1. It's shipping VAT friendly from Germany, for Germany, but everyone else has to pay VAT? Why not ship everything in the EU from Germany then?

2. If you don't get your parcel, you have to pay for the shipping again. 99% of my KS board games have arrived fine, but a couple have gone astray. One company said tough pay again, the other shipped out the game straight away with no cost to me. The latter gets more of my money, the former doesn't. Maybe have "everyone" pay for shipping, then you could have proper tracking on the parcels and sorted EU / Canada / Australia customs shipping out

It's still a possible one for me if it hits retail, guess we'll have to see
Hi Laura! Thanks for the feedback.

The German language is available from Germany, not the English version. Our German partner is not setup to do Kickstarter fulfillment. We are shipping directly from China so everyone gets their rewards sooner and we can get to retail faster.

The reason we put that thing about the shipping has more to do with the way address' are given to us. A lot of times people put in the address wrong and we've had to eat a lot of the cost. This was an effort to have people pay more attention to the address they are putting. The margins on smaller games is very slim. With our previous game, Songbirds, we actually ended up losing money due to shipping mishaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yaron Davidson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaiasvallejo42 wrote:
The reason we put that thing about the shipping has more to do with the way address' are given to us. A lot of times people put in the address wrong and we've had to eat a lot of the cost. This was an effort to have people pay more attention to the address they are putting.
If the address is wrong, then the second shipment would similarly not arrive. So I'd assume if the problem was wrong address, people will give you a different address for the second shipment. So why ask for payment always, and not just if the address needs to be changed?

Also, related, are you sure the shipping problems were mostly due to wrong address. I had a few (noticeably less in recent years) packages that didn't arrive, but always with the same correct address. But there have been some shippers that were really insistent that maybe it was an address problem (even though it wasn't) and that they want a different address to ship again. Someone with that attitude would count such lost packages as due to wrong address, even though it wasn't, it was just an assumed problem in advance. Which would then skew the statistics of assumed causes of loss... Just for your consideration.

Because, seriously, having the recipient pay for a package that doesn't arrive... is not cool. It's fine with clear conditional stipulations (e.g. that it's only if the address was indeed wrong and needs to change, or something else which is the recipient's fault), but not as a general rule. The side that can sue the postal service (or whatever the delivery service was) if they lose the package is the sender, the customer who paid the delivery service, not the recipient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd chip in here with a little more background

Yep, there is an assumption from some Kickstarter creators that it must be the backers error. Here in the UK we have been told that a few parcels have been delivered via an email or text, but no-one was home, our good neighbours have not accepted them and no signature was obtained

We've found that in the hundreds of board games backed, the few that did go missing were where the creator skimped on the shipping service and used a low quality / customer service delivery option. Royal Mail, DHL,etc never seem to be an issue. Yodel and small time "man with a van / person in a car" type services tend to be quite poor

If it's the backers error, fair enough, but if it's the error of the shipping company then the cost being put onto the backer simply isn't fair. For one the backer could ask where is the proof it was even shipped? Use a tracking service at the very least

We recently received a photo of a KS box in Italy from Giochix.it saying "look, your parcel has been returned". We'd never been notified that it was even in the UK. Asking for help / escalation met with point blank refusal and a request for more money or the game would not be shipped, we simply had to pay again. Giochix.it will never have our custom again (Their Quality Control isn't the best either. Upside down cards, spelling mistakes etc)

TL : DR?

Basically, yep, if people are careless then it's their fault, but some times the wording can put people off who would otherwise back, like us

Congrats on funding regardless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Olsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Kickstarter copy of Chocolatiers arrived today to Oregon, USA.

Even though the game was shipped in a bubble mailer, the contents were not damaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls