Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got aware of this upcoming game again, and as an absolute fan of the first two movies as well as of co-op games, there's a high probability this is gonna be an insta-buy for me!

However, there's not really that much info to be found yet, but I'd really like to know about a few things in advance. Maybe somebody here knows a little bit more...? Con-goers, demo-players or game-testers, you know, someone here...? (Or maybe even a nice guy with a little more insight...?)

I'm mostly interested in what way this will work as a co-op game; will this be a true co-op with all the players against the game, or will somebody have to play the 'hive-mind', the queen, or whatever it is to simulate the Alien's driving force?
Or will the Aliens be spawned like, for example, the zombies in Zombicide?
Considering the pictures I've seen so far, there seems to exist some kind of 'Blip-mechanism', somewhat reminiscent of Space Hulk, with a card deck and blip-counters to symbolize Aliens that are not (yet?) in LoS of the Marines...
But I wonder how they are placed and how their movement is defined, if no human player takes that part?
So, any ideas? If not, please feel free to speculate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we know very little about the game.even if its going to be released!.its well over a year late.and the release dates they keep giving are rubbish.so, no one knows anything about the game except the few pics we have that's it!
no reference to it on their site either.last time I looked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this wouldn't be my first game from GF9, so I'm not overly concerned because of the delay, I kinda got used to that by now.
And if that means the game is getting a good quality control, all the better, I've got plenty of games to play (or minis to paint) in the meantime!

Whatever the reason, I am kinda surprised about the lack of solid info, so I was hoping someone here might have heared something in that regard...

Anyone...?
Bueller...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Haught
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
it is a true Co-op game with all the players working against the game itself.

The Aliens will be automated by a Motion Tracker deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewHaught wrote:

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks a lot!

Sooooo... any info when it'll be released...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morcars Jester wrote:
AndrewHaught wrote:

Just what I wanted to hear, thanks a lot!

Sooooo... any info when it'll be released...?
ROFL...... Any info at all would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Haught
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I'm just the game's designer, the release dates are sorted way above my pay grade.

As of now I can only give you vague rules insights.

I can tell you that we will be posting in depth looks at the game as we get closer to releasing it later this year. When I have a solid street date that has been cleared to share with you guys, I will post it. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewHaught wrote:

Will the "Motion Tracker deck" be able to respond to the game state or will it just be random?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
Will the "Motion Tracker deck" be able to respond to the game state or will it just be random?
Good question.

In addition, I'd also like to know if there is some kind of character progression?

I've read there's the possibility to link some of the missions into some sort of mini-campaign; will the marines be able to 'level up', by acquiring additional skills, or getting better at their stats, or will all progression be handled via acquired/carried gear?

Speaking of which, will it be possible to 'craft' gear, or combine weapons (like Ripley's Pulse Rifle-Flamer)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Haught
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias,
The Deck will be mostly random as it governs the placement of aliens not there actions after being placed, though some cards will effect aliens after they are placed.

Once placed the Aliens follow a certain set of rules laid out in the rule book.

Sorry cannot go too much in detail about that now. We will go into how the deck works in one of our preview articles.

Arek,
I cannot really go into that without giving too much of the rules away at this point. In a way the game does not have character progression in the normal sense, its more like managing your limited resources.

Character Skills and Equipment is handled in a unique way and is all governed by the Marine deck and how it functions in the game, this will be shown off in more detail when we release our article talking about the marine deck and how campaign play works closer to the release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the movement rules have similarities to how the Firefly Adventures game works?

Will the game have rules for competitive (non-coop) play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arek D.
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds intriguing... limited resources...

Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls