UBOOT: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Orders refill and first aid rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Meyer
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
I'm going through the rules in preparation for when the app arrives and I've a few queries:

1. I saw on an old gameplay runthrough (I think it was Beast of War) where the order track was replenished once a day during the 0000 watch change and yet the rules clearly state in section 6.8 that the order track is replenished on every watch change, i.e. every 6 hours. Which is correct?

2. How exactly does the removal of health condition tokens work with the first aid order? Some of the wound cards have multiple health condition tokens and the rules state that, at the next watch cycle, you can remove one of these tokens if you have the requisite medical supplies.

a. If a wound card inflicts multiple health condition tokens, can the same medical supplies be used to remove all of these condition tokens, i.e. a single condition is removed every subsequent watch change without further medical supplies? Once all of these are removed, then the wound card is removed.

b. Some wound cards inflict an activation token. Can this token be removed as part of a first aid action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
1) the early Phalanx videos use the same 0:00 system. I believe the rules changed so now a fixed amount of orders get restored per each watch (based on difficulty level). I think it is a good change.
2) the first aid is basically distribution of medicaments. When you do the order, you put required medicaments on the sailor. When there is a watch change, the sailor becomes healed based on the rules
2a) good question. But I would say no.
2b) if the wound just adds an activation, the crewman just sleeps out of it. But you can not heal it with medicaments. Smoke break could fix it though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Salwarowski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! David has already answered all the questions, so I can only confirm that a sailor who has received medicaments can discard a single wound/fatigue token per watch change (instead of the usually discarded activation token).

Regarding 2a): David is right. The thing is that you put the medicaments on the particular health condition card, so the same meds can't treat multiple cards (if that's what you were asking about). Unless by 'conditions' you mean 'medical condition tokens', so then yes - if a particular card has meds laid on it, they continue to 'work' and allow the sailor to discard one of the tokens resulting from that card each watch change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Meyer
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies - that's all clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niluk P
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah nice! I had the same question about this. I thought you had to put down double medical supplies to treat a wound with double tokens. This makes more sense though. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls