United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still working on fulfilling the KS orders and haven't really looked at a reprint yet. We'll probably be looking at that in the next couple of months. Those are certainly both items we'll be looking to improve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Giménez
Paraguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answer, Justin!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheez burger
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what's the snake dent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cheezburger wrote:
what's the snake dent?
Some of the divots in the board that hold the snake marbles are too shallow, and they don't hold the marbles in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
cordeiro wrote:
cheezburger wrote:
what's the snake dent?
Some of the divots in the board that hold the snake marbles are too shallow, and they don't hold the marbles in place.
...on some copies.

Mine was fine and frequency of self-reporting here makes me think its not exactly a common complaint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
cordeiro wrote:
cheezburger wrote:
what's the snake dent?
...on some copies.

Mine was fine and frequency of self-reporting here makes me think its not exactly a common complaint.
That's true, but we have a lot better idea of the manufacturing tolerances now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Belotta
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's certainly an issue with my copy, but I'm perfectly willing to try the hair dryer/cotton swab method before making a complaint about it. I don't know how common a complaint it is, but I've seen it mentioned enough times to know it's not entirely uncommon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Parker
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chindogu wrote:
It's certainly an issue with my copy, but I'm perfectly willing to try the hair dryer/cotton swab method before making a complaint about it. I don't know how common a complaint it is, but I've seen it mentioned enough times to know it's not entirely uncommon.
+1

On two spots in particular they were near impossible. We actually stopped using snakes altogether, they were only frustrating everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Sovanski

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jmparker wrote:
Chindogu wrote:
+1

On two spots in particular they were near impossible. We actually stopped using snakes altogether, they were only frustrating everyone.
I just opened my copy and had 1 snake divot that did not work. I'll have to look into the above procedure. Other than the 1 divot, everything else worked perfectly. We had fun with it and had a fair amount of chaos ensue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryder Curry
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I fixed the snake divot using this UV Activate glue to "build" a wall.

I was able to fix all the marble pits so the board can take a slight bump without a whole bunch of random marbles falling. I can now take a fireball marble and drop it from about 6 to 8 inches above the middle of the game board and everything will stay in place. Just keep adding layers of glue until your happy with the marbles stability.

The glue is awesome for many other things, I use it to repair kids toys all the time. The nice thing about it is you can lay the glue in place and if you don't like it, just wipe it up with a paper towel and try again. It is best if you apply it in thin layers. It wont dry until you activate it with the UV light. (Sometimes I sit it out in direct sunlight for 3 minutes to dry a large area of glue.) It the glue is dry and you want to remove it, I have had success using a metal dental pick to pick it off.

This glue method is much safer (and removable) then blow dryer heating method risking the paint and possibly warping more area then just the divot.
(However, If I were to use the blow dryer method to heat the area up, take your time and slowly apply heat to the divot,[you could tape the area off with aluminum foil to try and focus the heat to only the area you want to affect] then using a marble on one side and using a dry sponge on the reverse side with paint to keep the plastic in it's shape as you apply the marble pressure to create the divot)

Cost $25 for the starter kit, has the light and two tubes of the glue:
https://www.amazon.com/Bondic-Activated-Waterproof-Resistant...
Or you could just get an $8 tube of the glue and use the natural sunlight to dry the glue. (only take a few seconds of sunlight to dry it, I usually do it longer just in case):
https://www.amazon.com/Bondic-Activated-Waterproof-Resistant...

Here are some pictures of my fix with the glue method:

Video on the stuff:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer