Betrayal Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Solo ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vinny B
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi,

can you play this game solo like most coop or you really need to be at least 3 ?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
You definitely need 3. It's usually not co-op. Halfway through the game, it almost always shifts into one vs. many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny B
Canada
flag msg tools
ok thanks !

I will look for another campaign game in that case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
Dentifrice wrote:
ok thanks !

I will look for another campaign game in that case
Either of the Pandemic Legacy games can be played solo. You also might want to keep an eye on Hostage Negotiator: Career, which is expressly designed as a solo campaign game, though it's not out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny B
Canada
flag msg tools
I already started Pandemic Legacy S1 and I love it so far.

Thanks for the other one, seems very nice !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wouldn't call Betrayal co-op at all. It's an asymmetric competitive game, it's just that for the first half of a session you don't know who you're fighting against yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Montgomery
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has too many legacy/campaign games piling up so I thought I'd play through this one purely solo. I'm really enjoying it, despite the obvious downsides. When I started I assumed the haunts would involve a ton of hidden information, but that hasn't been the case for a fair number of them. In other words, most of the haunts (from what I've seen up to chapter 10) don't fall apart if you have all of the details.

Minor spoiler about the nature of a few haunts:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
There are even haunts that are 100% co-op.

I wouldn't recommend buying this just to play solo -- just wanted to point out that if you're a keen solo gamer, it can be done (more or less). I'm having a pretty good time with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Neff
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Kitbash wrote:
My group has too many legacy/campaign games piling up so I thought I'd play through this one purely solo. I'm really enjoying it, despite the obvious downsides. When I started I assumed the haunts would involve a ton of hidden information, but that hasn't been the case for a fair number of them. In other words, most of the haunts (from what I've seen up to chapter 10) don't fall apart if you have all of the details.

Minor spoiler about the nature of a few haunts:
There are even haunts that are 100% co-op.

I wouldn't recommend buying this just to play solo -- just wanted to point out that if you're a keen solo gamer, it can be done (more or less). I'm having a pretty good time with it.
Unfortunately you're about to hit a couple of chapter where solo play falls apart because of
Hidden Traitors

Which is the same reason why you can't really play the game 2 player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls