Subject: ISO Android netrunner complete set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Miley
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Like the title mentions, I’m interested in picking up a complete set of netrunner minus all the promos. I introduced my wife to board games a couple years ago, and it’s become pretty clear that card games are her favorite. I like the idea of having a pretty closed system to play with her, and I’ve thought about getting involved in Android netrunner for a while now. I realize this might be a long shot, but if anyone is looking to get rid of their collection now that no new sets are going to be released, please message me. Thanks so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m curious what a complete set would be valued at. (Yes, I have one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's actually complete (contains Reign & Reverie) It's between $600 and $1000. If it also contains the cards released at worlds 2018 it's worth a bunch more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannister wrote:
If it also contains the cards released at worlds 2018 it's worth a bunch more.
Which cards are you referring to? Promos? Magnum Opus set?

quyksylver wrote:
now that no new sets are going to be released
Actually, new set is going to be released in few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found core + 3 deluxe boxes + a data pack cycle for about $90, and supplemented that with a core for $25, a data pack cycle for $15, and another data pack cycle for $50.

It will never be complete, but Terminal Directive, Reign and Reverie, and a few data pack cycles I can live without.

Of course, it will probably be easier to find sets where you live. You just have to ask yourself - is completion worth the expense? If you aren't competing against people who have complete sets, are you really going to miss having every single card ever printed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Miley
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
That's a pretty good point. Realistically, it would just be my wife and me and occasionally a couple other close friends, but the plan is for it to be a pretty closed system. I've always had completionist tendencies though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I get that, but the cut-off point for publishing was totally arbitrary due to licensing shenanigans. Your own cut-off point can be just as arbitrary and you won't necessarily feel like you are missing anything.

It's just about establishing your own balance between price/availability/time spent searching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Snyder
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I found out the game was being cancelled, I rushed to get all the sets I was missing. Most are still unopened and I probably wouldn’t be playing with everything for a while anyway. It’s just nice to know it’s all there.

As far as new sets go, as much as I respect that fans will continue to keep the game alive, I don’t think I could be satisfied with card quality inconsistencies (I doubt they’d have the exact same card finish as the other cards). Maybe I’m too much of a purist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannister wrote:
If it's actually complete (contains Reign & Reverie) It's between $600 and $1000. If it also contains the cards released at worlds 2018 it's worth a bunch more.
I don't think the, like, 10 cards released at worlds are worth that much to most people. You can have high-quality proxies printed of those. (I have some, and they cost me 7€.)

Can't speak to the price otherwise, basically have a look what people are offering theirs for.
Or ask on Reddit, there'll be more people to give advice.

Also, OP: You don't need to buy a complete collection. If you find one with the majority of the product, that'll still likely last you to the end of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snyderman wrote:
As far as new sets go, as much as I respect that fans will continue to keep the game alive, I don’t think I could be satisfied with card quality inconsistencies (I doubt they’d have the exact same card finish as the other cards). Maybe I’m too much of a purist.
I mean, everyone who plays a lot of Netrunner sleeves their cards. So it really doesn't matter if the cards feel a bit different.

(The promos that FFG released are also not consistent with the main product, and of course people play with those. Heck, I'm not sure the quality of the retail product has remained entirely consistent throughout the 6-year run of the game!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it didn't. They've been experimenting with printing in-house (quality of promos, champion decks and even regular cards, sometimes, changed over time). Not to mention cutting. Take a random set of cards and arrange them in a deck. You'll feel (and see) lots of grooves, the difference can be up to 2mm.

Yeah, I've printed MO cards for $3 total. The quality is very very close to the original printer and almost unrecognizable when sleeved. So, no, I don't think these cards are worth anything. The PDF is released by FFG in "their" quality, so I don't think you'll get better, as this is the source material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon List
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
Hey there!
I know your post is a little bit older, but I would have a complete ANR set, except for the 2018 World Championship Cards.

I would be willing to sell, but I'm living in Germany...

Cheers
Sharon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls