Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Tsuro: Phoenix Rising» Forums » General

Subject: Question about printed art book stretch goal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
The latest update says, "At $200k, a physical Art of Tsuro book will be added into every copy of the first printing of Tsuro: Phoenix Rising!".

So does this mean if I were to back the standard retail edition on Kickstarter (not deluxe), it would include the art book?

If so, this sounds like it would be worth backing at least at the retail level, as it would include the art book for the same price (or close to it) that you would end up paying later once it hits retail. And I have a feeling the first printing will sell out quickly once it hits retail.

Also, if you back the retail edition, would you be able to add the "Twilight Portals' mini expansion tile set separately in the pledge manager later? I think it would be nice if that were available as an add-on for those who pledged the retail edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...Instead, we are going to treat stretch goals as a bonus for backers, to celebrate the entire Tsuro series!
Retail KS backers will receive the KS version of Tsuro: Phoenix Rising. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
But I'm not a retailer. My question is, if I just back for the $40 "standard retail edition" (not the deluxe edition, which costs more), will that also include the art book? It sounds like it in the update but I wanted to clarify.

Again, it says, "At $200k, a physical Art of Tsuro book will be added into every copy of the first printing of Tsuro: Phoenix Rising!". So that sounds like every copy of the game in the first print run will have that book, not just those that backed on Kickstarter and not just the deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

Chris from Calliope Games here.

To answer your questions, the art book will be in all copies of the game from the first printing. This includes the Standard Retail Edition, the Kickstarter Exclusive Set, and any leftover copies that go to distribution from the first printing. So as long as you pledge to get the game during the Kickstarter, you will get the art book.

The Twilight Portal expansion tiles will NOT be available as add-ons during the pledge manager (neither will the PVC tray nor the rainbow Phoenix miniatures). These are exclusive to the Kickstarter Exclusive Set pledge level.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks for the confirmation. Too bad about the tiles not being available as an add-on but thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes it is a pity....
I am still struggling for a decision.I must admit the struggling is also due to the shipping cost. I do not think the game is so amazingly expensive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok I am in. At the very last moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Yeah, I skipped out. The shipping was the kicker, and that's to the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls