Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mission cards and Death Star movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Hynes
msg tools
1. Each player picks 2 mission cards and assigns one or 2 leaders. But doesn’t either only one mission card or system activation get selected ? Why put 2 leaders on a mission card?

2. When doing an action against a leader (like attempted capture)can another friendly leader oppose or just the one already in the system?

3. How are Death stars moved at all?

I guess if the manuals weren’t written like a stream of consciousness with info organized like a shotgun blast (or if I weren’t a dummy) I would understand and have to read them over and over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. To meet the skill requirement if one leader alone doesn’t. Or get more dice if you think it will be opposed.

2. Yes they can add another leader to oppose.

3. Same as any other unit with placing a leader in an adjacent space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Learn to Play manual is written pretty clearly. But you do need to read it (not just skim it). Best to sit and read and play through a turn yourself (or with your gaming partner) once to get the whole gist.

The actual rule book is intentionally arranged topically. The intent is you read the Learn to Play to get the basic game flow, then can look up specific items in more detail or resolve rule or card question by looking at the rule book (and, now, the FAQ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Mark Hynes
msg tools
Thanks. But do I get to do both missions? The Learn to play manual says do a mission card or activate a system. Why assign up to 4 leaders to to 2 cards if as the rebels when all I want to do is activate a system? Another spot says the players alternate turns, which could be taken as do up to 2 missions and or activate 2 systems, implying to me that a round has 2 cycles or turns for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mphynes wrote:
Thanks. But do I get to do both missions? The Learn to play manual says do a mission card or activate a system. Why assign up to 4 leaders to to 2 cards if as the rebels when all I want to do is activate a system? Another spot says the players alternate turns, which could be taken as do up to 2 missions and or activate 2 systems, implying to me that a round has 2 cycles or turns for each player.
I don't see where the learn to play says assign two missions.

Basically, There is an assignment phase where you choose missions from your hand and assign 1 or 2 leaders to them making sure you have the skill requirements to do the mission.

After both players have assigned as many mission as they want, or are able to, then the command phase starts.

Then starting with the rebels, a player chooses to reveal a mission or activate a system (with a leader from the leader pool).

Players alternate doing one of those two things until both players have passed. You can pass if you still have missions or leaders in you pool, but all you can do is oppose with a leader in your leader pool after you have passed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Response to removed post
Response to removed post
Dan P
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mphynes wrote:
You draw two mission cards before the first round, and during each refresh phase, but you also have 4 starter missions that you can use every round. You are not required to do two missions every round, and are not limited to just two. If you choose not to do the missions you drew, they stay in your hand for future use - you can keep up to 10 missions in your hand, including the 4 starters, which always return to your hand after you use them instead of being discarded.

During each round's assignment phase, you choose the missions from your hand that you want to do in the upcoming command phase, assign 1 or 2 leaders to each one, and keep any remaining leaders in your pool. Only the pool leaders will be available to activate systems or oppose missions.

Once both sides have assigned their leaders, the command phase begins, and the two sides alternate taking actions. An action could be revealing one of the missions you assigned leaders to, activating a system with a leader from the pool, or passing. Once you pass, you are done taking actions for the round. The command phase ends only after both sides have passed. So each side could take as many actions as they have leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminder - Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the
icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the
icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the
icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mphynes wrote:
I feel like one thing that hasn't been expressly stated here is that when you assign a leader to a mission, that leader is no longer in your leader pool for the round. That means that that leader can not be used to activate a system. So, essentially, at the start of the round, when assigning missions, you need to make a choice of "Do I want to send this leader on a mission?" vs. "Do I want to hold this leader back to either activate systems or oppose my opponents missions?". Once a leader is assigned to a mission, they can only be used to resolve that mission, they can't be moved over to activate a system or oppose an opponents mission.

furthermore, there are some missions (can't remember which ones they are) where you get a bonus if more than one leader is assigned to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MinisterOfPropaganda wrote:
furthermore, there are some missions (can't remember which ones they are) where you get a bonus if more than one leader is assigned to it.
Generally these are "logistics" missions like Rapid Mobilisation or the new version of Construct Super Star Destroyer.

The main reason for assigning 2 leaders is to increase your chances of succeeding on an "attempt" type mission. The other reason (for Rebels) is to give additional fist icons to resist an Imperial capture mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls