Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just making sure I understand the victory condition. Leaving aside automatic victories, the Allies win if they control at least 3 more ports/resource hexes than the Japanese at the end of Turn 6. All other conditions are Japanese wins. Yes? The rule as written seems much more complicated, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who'd ever played this scenario ever saw the Japanese Home Fleet HQ get removed from the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frankgallagher wrote:
I'm just making sure I understand the victory condition. Leaving aside automatic victories, the Allies win if they control at least 3 more ports/resource hexes than the Japanese at the end of Turn 6. All other conditions are Japanese wins. Yes? The rule as written seems much more complicated, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who'd ever played this scenario ever saw the Japanese Home Fleet HQ get removed from the board.
There are 21 potential victory hexes, you have to control 3 more than your opponent. What do you think you are missing?

It does not happen too often, but if you are not careful anything is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer Mark. My understanding of the rule (and this is why I posted) is that that is not true for the Japanese player. Specific example: If the Allied player controls 11 and the Japanese player 10, since there are no draws, the Japanese player wins, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frankgallagher wrote:
Thanks for the quick answer Mark. My understanding of the rule (and this is why I posted) is that that is not true for the Japanese player. Specific example: If the Allied player controls 11 and the Japanese player 10, since there are no draws, the Japanese player wins, right?
correct, but that is a pyrrhic victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
frank gallagher
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks, I really like your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls