6 Posts

Cosmic Wimpout» Forums » General

Subject: Rolling 4 of a kind w/ #s... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MJ
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone still on these threads? I sure hope so; just had my first game, got a million questions!

The main one is this: Let's say I roll 6-6-6-6-10. Does YMNWTBYM kick in immediately, or Futtless? I.e., do I need to clear the 6 flash --- in which case, which do I reroll!? --- or do I just need to reroll all 5 dice?

This happened 2 or 3 times, and confused us, because of that last die that reads 5 or 10.

(Another...The opening roll for 35: you can only score that with 5s & 10s, right? That's how I spent an entire game just rolling trying to get in...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you kidding? It's the greatest game, ever!

Futless wins out, as the 6-6-6 is a flash, the 10 is a scoring die, and that other six... it's nothing. You have to re-roll it until it's not a 6, yet is scoring (5 or 10). Anything else, you're done. That, of course, hits YMNWTBYM, and you have to roll again and score, but if you get a flash...

Not sure why 35 is terribly difficult, although I've seen games where someone has barely made it in near the end just to lose. You don't have to only score 5s and 10s. You can do 3-3-3, clear the flash with a 5 and anything but a 3, and you're in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ
msg tools
mbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
Futless wins out...and that other six... it's nothing. You have to re-roll it until it's not a 6, yet is scoring (5 or 10).
That's exactly what I'd thought.

Quote:
You don't have to only score 5s and 10s.
Aw, man! We played 2 games, and I won the first. So then when I spent the entire 2nd game rolling just to get in, I must've rolled at least 3 flashes...We kept saying I'd spent all my karma winning the 1st game (and my 1st game with my dice set). Moral: It's definitely WAY harder, next-level stuff, to only get in w/ 35 using 5s & 10s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ
msg tools
mbmbmb
Related question: say I roll 6-6-6-5-10. Futless, or YMNWTBYM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjroxas wrote:
Related question: say I roll 6-6-6-5-10. Futless, or YMNWTBYM?
Both, but YMNWTBYM doesn't add anything. You have to clear the flash of 6s, but you have all 5 dice to do it. This typically involves lots of re-rolls trying to avoid the 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Das
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
macrobadger
mbmbmbmb
mjroxas wrote:
Let's say I roll 6-6-6-6-10. Does YMNWTBYM kick in immediately, or Futtless? I.e., do I need to clear the 6 flash --- in which case, which do I reroll!?
John has already answered your question, but I want to add something (possibly obvious)...

You: "which do I reroll". Well, if the black die was a 6 then you would reroll that one. This brings the WimpOut chance down from 3/5 to 2/5.

I am hereby taking the following official rule literally: "The Flaming Sun Rule says that you must make a flash with the sun if you roll it with a pair." {- underline mine}

th3tick wrote:
Not sure why 35 is terribly difficult, although I've seen games where someone has barely made it in near the end just to lose. You don't have to only score 5s and 10s. You can do 3-3-3, clear the flash with a 5 and anything but a 3, and you're in.
In my opinion it is difficult enough to be frustrating. Waiting five turns to be in is common enough.

I've just posted a variant for the opening of the game:
Obsolete Opening Roll Rule

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls