Hide
7 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing Multiple Dark Arts Events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laura B
msg tools
If you are on a location that requires you to draw multiple dark arts events and you draw the first dark arts event and it says all heroes cannot gain hearts this turn, and then you draw your second card and do it's actions. Do you still not get to gain any hearts that turn? Or does that effect go away because the second dark arts event negated the first one (ie it is the one on the top of the discard pile)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
Kalyvia/Lagonissi
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both dark arts cards remain active for the entire turn. It gets tough when you start drawing 2 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaella CG
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmb
Poisonguy wrote:
Both dark arts cards remain active for the entire turn. It get tough when you start drawing 2 of them.
Or 3, or 5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With the first Dark Arts event, I process it (i.e. do the "all heroes lose blahblah" or whatever), then place it on the Dark Arts discard pile. Then if I have to draw a second due to the location (or Bellatrix), I process it and then place that one just above the Dark Arts discard pile so that it doesn't cover up the first one. And I do the same for the third if needed (and the fourth).

Now if one of the cards drawn says "Reveal an additional Dark Arts Event", after processing that event and placing it whereever, then I'll draw the additional one right away, and I will place this additional one on top of the card that says "reveal an additional", because I don't think any of the "reveal an additional" events have an lasting restrictions (like "heroes cannot gain hearts).

Thus, with this method, if the location (and/or Bellatrix) dictate that I should draw 2 dark arts events, I end up with 2 face-up DA events at the conclusion of the DA stage of the turn. (and similar for 3 or 4). This way, if any of the cards have restrictions, they remain in view.

Then at the end of the turn, I place all of the DA event cards from that turn in the DA discard pile.

And if the DA draw pile is exhausted, and I'm forced to shuffle the discard pile before drawing all of the required event cards for the current turn, I leave the "active" events for the current turn face up, and only reshuffle the event cards from previous turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
And if the DA draw pile is exhausted, and I'm forced to shuffle the discard pile before drawing all of the required event cards for the current turn, I leave the "active" events for the current turn face up, and only reshuffle the event cards from previous turns.
Not exactly right, but I like the variation. Plus, it doesn't break the game that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafaella wrote:
Poisonguy wrote:
Both dark arts cards remain active for the entire turn. It get tough when you start drawing 2 of them.
Or 3, or 5...
5...?! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sjliver wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:
Not exactly right, but I like the variation. Plus, it doesn't break the game that bad.
doesn't "break" the game at all. just very slightly changes some of the probabilities for that next run through the DA event deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls