Subject: How does the base game feel with a 5th player at the table? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I'm on the fence to buy the 5th player kit. Being to play a game that I love with more players is always a good thing, but at the same time, I don't know how much the game transforms with a 5th player at the table.

For those of you who have played Orléans with 5 players, can you share your experiences?

Thank you! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
Spain
Cantabria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me Orleans it’s best played with 5. More interaction on the map, more tension going for the buildings tiles and running out of workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mazmaz wrote:
For me Orleans it’s best played with 5. More interaction on the map, more tension going for the buildings tiles and running out of workers.
And the merchandise/guild map? Isn't it too crowded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Decatur
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
mazmaz wrote:
I have played Orleans more at 5 players than other counts so I would say the opposite.
Isn't it too easy to do the same thing/whatever you want each game when playing with fewer players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iamzimmer wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:
mazmaz wrote:
I have played Orleans more at 5 players than other counts so I would say the opposite.
Isn't it too easy to do the same thing/whatever you want each game when playing with fewer players?
I can't say for easier, since I haven't tried harder
But sure, it's not very cutthroat. We're fighting to pick a pathway with the most VP merchandise tokens, but other than that, each player manages to get pretty much the same number of guilds as the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Singler3360
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our first 5-player game will be coming up soon. My wife and I like to play with the Beneficial Deeds board and Order cards from Trade & Intrigue which we find provides a better-balanced game at 2-player. What expansion modules are recommended for five players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Duncan
Scotland
East Kilbride
South Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
www.gameburst.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 or 5 players is where this game excels.

With 5, it quickly becomes tighter, which i feel just adds to the tension of the game and gets you thinking of new strategies.

Only word of advice i would give is, with 5 players you really need to keep an eye on the others players boards, as this will help you prioritise which actions you're going to do first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls