Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually this is two questions about movement.

1) As above, do you play a card if stopped?

2) If you have 3 acceleration and your current KE/speed is zero. Could play an Overboost followed by a stop?

2a) As in 2 above; can you play an Overboost followed by a reverse ending your turn with a KE of 2?

Thanks everyone.

[Edit] I don't think playing an Overboost with a stop, or reverse, should be legal. The Overboost actually gets you a bit further than a straight 3. Doesn't seem like it is the intent of the designers [/Edit]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Marshall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - yes you do. You just ignore the moves on the card.

2 - no you can’t. If your KE is theee, you play a regular manoeuvre card and do the “3” move printed on it.

2a - no you can’t. I’m pretty sure there’s a rule against playing overboosts with reverse moves. That’s why the KE for a reverse move is “-1” - there’s a specific KE for those moves, in addition to a “reverse” speed setting.

So Say We All!

-Trevor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You plan a card when you Stand Still, you ignore it when it comes time to resolve it and Stand Still instead.

2) Overboost cards can only be planned with forward movement cards as the second card, this in mentioned under the headings Overboost on Page 8 and Overboost on Page 9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls