Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, got these a while ago, have them glued together but not yet painted.

I really like the models. Very detailed, very scorpiony but also shadows-of-brimstony with the dark stone parts. Not for beginners to assemble, as each scorpion consists of a dozen parts or so (not super complicated either, but a bit fiddly, what with the eight different scorpion legs and such). I also like that the tail has one of those spherical attachment joints, so that you can change the position of the tails of the scorpions and give them slight differences. And also it's nice that the models come not only with the two scorpions, but each scorpion also stands on a bit of rocks and such.

Oh, and I like that there is a mutated weakened version of the scorpions, allowing them to show up even as low threats, and thus allowing even small groups of heroes to face them more often.

What makes me a bit sad is that they only come with mine threat cards. Why no Canyon threat cards? Why no Blasted Wastes? They'd have fit in there perfectly, resulting in more thematic encounters. Considering that this mini-expansion is also not cheap, I don't understand why the couldn't throw in a couple few extra threat cards. :/ Or at least a mini adventure thrown in, as a number of other expansions have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Canyons use Mine Threat decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Jelley wrote:
The Canyons use Mine Threat decks.
Oh, my bad. The blasted wastes back cards I had in mind then were map cards and not threat cards. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I wouldn't expect them to appear in the BW. The BW is an alien world full of exotic creatures. Scorpions are too "Earth-y".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, someone here on the geek uploded a set of Canyon threat cards that utilize the scorpions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls