10 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Rulebook Clock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Townsend
msg tools
Hey guys,

Absolutely loving this so far. Just finished Chapter 4 and so far is the only game the heroes have won - but that's half the fun right! We got absolutely annihilated by the traitor every time (although chapter 2 had some rules mis-steps for us that may have changed the outcome - and in fairness, should have resulted in a different Haunt entirely))

I noticed that when we won, we got to check off a number on the clock face on the back cover of the rulebook. Is this some kind of points system?

In the simplest non-spoilery way possible does
a) the number of checked numbers have a bearing later on? and
b) should we try and win/check as many possible boxes as much as we can?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin P
msg tools
Without spoilers:

A) Probably.

B) The heroes should always try to win, so should the traitor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Townsend
msg tools
Sorry - yeah, obviously we play to win. Just more thinking along the lines of 'will we be brutally punished later on if we don't'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your asking for a major spoiler to be spoiled in the least spoilery way which is a contradiction in it's purest form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell (only partway in, so no spoilers from this end), the clock marks how many sessions the heroes have won, and thus probably tracks something important later down the line, probably along the lines of "how well you did" scorekeeping or affecting a later game element based on the balance of hero victories vs. traitor victories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lim
msg tools
I try to not include the most spoilerly bits but even what i have below is quite spoilery, so read on at your own peril.
Spoiler (click to reveal)

the final haunt is MUCH easier for the heros IMHO if the heros won more than they lost... your mileage may vary...

your strategy would be much more different from ours since our strategy hinges entirely on the key difference in what the checkboxes changes..

(sorry i cheated and read through the entries of the events i missed eventhough we were told explicitly not to.. )

additional note: it's impossible to check all 13 boxes... one of the box is uncheckable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1419316. martianunlimited
  • 1d100 + 1d100 + 1d100 =
  • (63) + (79) + (6) =
  • Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:14 am
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without giving any details, I can say that at one point, we've been instructed to mark one of the numbers in a method not related to the conclusion of a haunt.

An intriguing concept, to be sure. I can't wait to find out what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Lim
msg tools
Box 13?
There is a very good reason thematically why it counts towards the checkbox enjoy your haunts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
That last part is interesting;
So far, we've had to check every box on the clock (including the 13th box, by completing the painting event), but we were told not to, this time (it was game 7 out of the 13 main campaign games (not including the prologue)
If that's the case, does that mean
there's a chance of checking all the boxes besides this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Hooven
United States
Dubuque
IA
flag msg tools
Regarding the checkbox questions and suppositions:

As has been mentioned, the number of checkboxes do matter.

As for checkbox 13, you can check that box. Both groups I played full campaigns with checked box 13, however I'm fairly sure there is a different box that you will never check, based on what I have seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls