Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the AireCon 5 no-ship maths trade in March 2019 in Harrogate, England., which is a place for friendly banter and where newbies can ask any questions about the maths trade and get advice.

Notes:

In order to participate in this maths trade you or a proxy MUST be going to the convention.
The intention is that all trading will take place at the convention to avoid shipping costs.

AireCon is a friendly and inclusive analog gaming festival in Harrogate International Centre, UK. Whether you've come alone or with a massive group you'll find plenty of fun to be had and new friendly faces to meet. It is held on Fri 8th March - Sunday 10th March.

Related Links
Trade Geeklist: 'Official' AireCon 5 (March 2019) No Ship Maths Trade
Want-list Generator: OLWLG

Dates (all times in GMT):
Submissions Close: Friday 22nd February 2019 20:00
Want List Submission Open: Friday 22nd February 2019 20:01
Want List Close: Friday 1st March 2019 18:00
Official Results should be posted on Saturday 2nd March 2019.
AireCon 5 starts on Friday 8th March 10am and ends Sunday 10th March 6pm

This will be the third maths trade at an AireCon, and is official recognised by the convention organisers.

Please feel free to add your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organising this, Jen. I'll be sure to add items as soon as the UK trade has finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jenf wrote:
Submissions Close: Thursday 22nd February 2019 20:00
Want List Submission Open: Thursday 22nd February 2019 20:01
Want List Close: Friday 2rd March 2019 18:00
Official Results should be posted on Saturday 3rd March 2019.
Am I reading my calendar wrong? Because I think the 22nd Feb is a Friday, the Friday around the "2rd" of March is the 1st, and the Saturday is the 2nd. But then I may just be even more confused than usual, it's been known to happen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh, I mostly copied it from last year's and got distracted when I was modding the dates. They're hopefully all correct now.

confusedvicky wrote:
jenf wrote:
Submissions Close: Thursday 22nd February 2019 20:00
Want List Submission Open: Thursday 22nd February 2019 20:01
Want List Close: Friday 2rd March 2019 18:00
Official Results should be posted on Saturday 3rd March 2019.
Am I reading my calendar wrong? Because I think the 22nd Feb is a Friday, the Friday around the "2rd" of March is the 1st, and the Saturday is the 2nd. But then I may just be even more confused than usual, it's been known to happen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy and Chris Swaffer
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this again Jen!

Do we have any official trading meet-ups planned? It's always so much easier when a bunch of us get together at the same time for the trades

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

I'm volunteering at the B&B in the mornings so can't really do it then.

I'd suggest 1pm around the library.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submissions are now closed. Please submit want lists before next Friday at 6pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Submissions closed ? that means ? its too late to join it [ as of 23 feb. ] whats the point of " want " lists if you can't " submit " ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polish5 wrote:
Submissions closed ? that means ? its too late to join it [ as of 23 feb. ] whats the point of " want " lists if you can't " submit " ?
Submission of games for trade is closed (i.e. no more games can be added to the geeklist.) Want list submission is now opened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submissions closed means that the list of games you offer is closed and cannot change.

Want list means which games you want to trade for those submitted games.

It's too late to take part of you haven't submitted any games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pam & Tim Kelsey
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jen
I think I have messed up on the duplicate protection. I don't know how to correct it. I'm happy to run the risk of duplicate games. Can you delete my attempt at duplicate protection?
TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smile10089 wrote:
Hi Jen
I think I have messed up on the duplicate protection. I don't know how to correct it. I'm happy to run the risk of duplicate games. Can you delete my attempt at duplicate protection?
TIA
I don't think the maths trade organiser can do that, since it's in the OLWLG algorithm/code. You can, however, always resubmit your wants list any time up until next Friday. Just make any changes like normal and submit like you did before, this will replace the list you previously submitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can change your submission but I cannot.

I can see people's want lists. At the moment it shows for you three dup protections all for Money, but none for games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave D
United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops - think I submitted an updated wants list after 6pm. While the text says 18:00, the %options section at the bottom of the page say 20:00, and I guess that's what the OLWLG sees..? (As I write at 21:20, OLWLG page says submissions closed 80 minutes ago.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cooke
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, another mistake I made. I'll run the trademaximizer tomorrow morning, and if there's no dups, arbitrage and my computer works it should be final before 10am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Freeman
United Kingdom
Baildon
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Results are now official, thanks all for participating.

I've checked and nobody got two of the same game, and there isn't a true case of arbitrage. There was a trade for £5 and £10 that was in the same loop, but I believe this to be fine.

52 items are traded. AireCon runs a Bring and Buy for any untraded games you may have, please check them in online https://market.airecon.uk/ please check the FAQ for the fees.

23 people have a trade.
2 people who submitted want lists didn't get a trade, apologies but this is how it goes sometimes.
3 people didn't submit a want list so don't get a trade.

Please arrange with your trade partners when to meet at AireCon and exchanging phone numbers is always a good idea.

If anyone has issue, I'll be volunteering at the Bring and Buy in the from 10am-1pm, but I'll be around the con all the time.

I'm proposing we have a Mathtrade meetup at 1pm every day to allow people to easily meet near the Gameseekers table (next to the Library).

Thanks,
Jen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pam & Tim Kelsey
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this, really pleased with our trades. 😀

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grinch
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this Jen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bod Andrage
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi smile10089 I sent you a message about meeting up so I can give you a game. :-)

Thanks for organising Jen, I'm happy with my trades. It was my first Maths Trade and I was nervous about how it would work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls