Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Miller McKimpson
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've noticed that a number of games, especially States of Siege, no longer appear on the VpG site but are not listed as discontinued. Since VPG is now part of another company, will these games return and when? Burning questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're working with the new publisher to sort that out now...

No answers yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds grim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're reading into it. Nothing grim here, just methodical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
It’s been 4 months, no news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Slaughter
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Dow wrote:

Over on FB, Alan said this in an ETO series group:
"I sold VPG to another publisher (Tabletop Tycoon) who kept on staff the entire VPG creative team and VPG was a game development studio for them. Recently, they laid off the entire VPG creative team, myself included. As there is not a wargamer left, some of VPG wargame designs, like ETO, are seeing the rights being graciously returned to their designers.
Armed with the rights, Frank Chadwick sought a new publisher at ConsimWorld and we had some very good choices. Frank went with GMT, so together with the ETO team, we are marching forward."

VPG is kaput
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc ???????
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
Black Dow wrote:

"I sold VPG to another publisher (Tabletop Tycoon) who kept on staff the entire VPG creative team and VPG was a game development studio for them. Recently, they laid off the entire VPG creative team, myself included. As there is not a wargamer left, some of VPG wargame designs, like ETO, are seeing the rights being graciously returned to their designers.
Armed with the rights, Frank Chadwick sought a new publisher at ConsimWorld and we had some very good choices. Frank went with GMT, so together with the ETO team, we are marching forward."

VPG is kaput

WOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sequella Deville
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
You're reading into it. Nothing grim here, just methodical.

Alan Emrich wrote:
I sold VPG to another publisher (Tabletop Tycoon) who kept on staff the entire VPG creative team and VPG was a game development studio for them. Recently, they laid off the entire VPG creative team, myself included. As there is not a wargamer left, some of VPG wargame designs, like ETO, are seeing the rights being graciously returned to their designers.

"methodical". Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a good run. Some of my favorite games are little VPG games in plastic baggies. I was disappointed when they stopped doing in house print on demand, since it meant no more of those cool little niche games. I have a bunch of their games and it was money well spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, when it was cheaper components and neat little designs, I bought every game they made. Once the price went up, I had to cut back.

I was really hoping they would release "And the World Shall Hold it's Breath," though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark selleck
Australia
Alice Springs
NT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dose this mean the Napoleonic 20 series is done? or will it continue under another publisher.

Have been eagerly waiting the Austerlitz scenarios and others that were supposedly in development years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lynch
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:

Black Dow wrote:
VPG is kaput

VPG ist kaput?

Nicht wahr?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lynch
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, very sorry to hear about the demise of VPG.

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene H
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Jawohl aber kaput ist wohl bekannt. A long time ago a waiter in a Paris restaurant returned my credit card and asked for cash, saying “La machine est kaput.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin MacMillan
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too - they had the fastest turnaround for games - Ordered Tuesday, on my doorstep the following day. Impressed? Then I might mention that's from the United States to New Zealand (in under 24 hours?!?!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s a real bummer.
They had lots of great games which I hope find publishers.
I was still holding out some hope for that new edition of Wings for the Baron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If GMT is taking over publishing VPG games I'd feel very fortunate, as that could have gone in a much more unsavory direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doremus Jessup
msg tools
mb
BobSlaughter wrote:
Black Dow wrote:

VPG is kaput

If some rights are reverting back to designers then might we see reprints of “We must tell the Emperor” or “Soviet Dawn” ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackshirt wrote:
If GMT is taking over publishing VPG games I'd feel very fortunate, as that could have gone in a much more unsavory direction.

That's not what has happened. Alan sold VPG to Tabletop Tycoon (Dan Yarrington, same guy as runs Ship Naked) so presumably Dan now has the catalog and may or may not be releasing the rights to individual titles to the designers or whomever.

One apparent exception is...

The ETO game by Frank Chadwick was kickstarted as the first of a planned series of titles, and it appears that GMT has picked up the series. It is not clear to me if GMT will also be to republish the ETO game itself (I hope so because it is well received but has some cosmetic issues/errata that could be corrected by GMT and then all subsequent titles in the series could have a common look)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panagiotis
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
... Leave early.
mbmbmbmbmb
A cruel fate for Cruel Necessity 2nd Ed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
Dang, I hope this doesn't cause any issues with the last Kickstarter for Nemo's War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BobSlaughter wrote:
Black Dow wrote:

VPG is kaput
Alas, it is real...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh very sad news.
So what happens to Napoleon 20 Series and to Nemo and the recent Kickstarter?

I would like to see those move to GMT too
Good to see ETO being saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine the current nemo's war kick starter would be unaffected as it is pretty far along the process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Holmes
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT published Napoleonic 20 bundle Fading Glory but I don't think it sold that well

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |