Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Not Alone: Sanctuary» Forums » Variants

Subject: Inclusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deux design de cartes ici qui pourrait être sympa d'inclure

HYBRID




RECOMMENDATION:
- add this card for 3+ players count
- During the setup show the "hybrid" card to all players before mixing it with the survival card pile.

RULE:
When a player plays the "hybrid" card, he takes these cards and pawns out of the game and becomes a second creature.
Creatures now take their decisions in cooperation.


PSYHIC CONTROL

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
French version
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Hybrid is a fun card. If you have it on hand you either feed the creature intentionally and then play this card to join it or you play against your own interest and play as normal, before playing it, sabotaging yourself. If you play normally with the intention to not play it any other card would be more useful.

There might be potential to explore this concept further eg. you are forced to play it the moment it is dealt to you or make it a hunt card that converts a successful hunted in a creature. You should probably also try to balance the fact that the creature side gets an additional token by moving the assimilation marker back a few spaces or the rescue marker forward.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pale Blue wrote:
I don't think Hybrid is a fun card. If you have it on hand you either feed the creature intentionally and then play this card to join it or you play against your own interest and play as normal, before playing it, sabotaging yourself. If you play normally with the intention to not play it any other card would be more useful.

There might be potential to explore this concept further eg. you are forced to play it the moment it is dealt to you or make it a hunt card that converts a successful hunted in a creature. You should probably also try to balance the fact that the creature side gets an additional token by moving the assimilation marker back a few spaces or the rescue marker forward.
the subtleties of play brought by the hybrid card lies in the constant threat of a "potential betrayal" + for the card owner: it's source of dilemmas or internal manipulation, this is not apparent without having tried it
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willi Van Bogaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Metadna wrote:
Pale Blue wrote:
I don't think Hybrid is a fun card. If you have it on hand you either feed the creature intentionally and then play this card to join it or you play against your own interest and play as normal, before playing it, sabotaging yourself. If you play normally with the intention to not play it any other card would be more useful.

There might be potential to explore this concept further eg. you are forced to play it the moment it is dealt to you or make it a hunt card that converts a successful hunted in a creature. You should probably also try to balance the fact that the creature side gets an additional token by moving the assimilation marker back a few spaces or the rescue marker forward.
the subtleties of play brought by the hybrid card lies in the constant threat of a "potential betrayal" + for the card owner: it's source of dilemmas or internal manipulation, this is not apparent without having tried it
I think Pale Blue has a valid point here. For people who are more concerned with winning the game than thematic immersion (and there are quite of few of those out there), there is no incentive to be loyal. They can even betray openly, as the Hunted have no way of stopping or punishing them (unless this expansion adds such a way?). They can just go ahead and 'Give up' a few turns in a row and even tell the Creature where to catch them, before finally playing the card. This is a surefire way to suck the fun and tension out of the game.

I can see the thought process behind the card, but I am afraid it may not have the desired effect in practice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StrangeQuark wrote:
Metadna wrote:
Pale Blue wrote:
I don't think Hybrid is a fun card. If you have it on hand you either feed the creature intentionally and then play this card to join it or you play against your own interest and play as normal, before playing it, sabotaging yourself. If you play normally with the intention to not play it any other card would be more useful.

There might be potential to explore this concept further eg. you are forced to play it the moment it is dealt to you or make it a hunt card that converts a successful hunted in a creature. You should probably also try to balance the fact that the creature side gets an additional token by moving the assimilation marker back a few spaces or the rescue marker forward.
the subtleties of play brought by the hybrid card lies in the constant threat of a "potential betrayal" + for the card owner: it's source of dilemmas or internal manipulation, this is not apparent without having tried it
I think Pale Blue has a valid point here. For people who are more concerned with winning the game than thematic immersion (and there are quite of few of those out there), there is no incentive to be loyal. They can even betray openly, as the Hunted have no way of stopping or punishing them (unless this expansion adds such a way?). They can just go ahead and 'Give up' a few turns in a row and even tell the Creature where to catch them, before finally playing the card. This is a surefire way to suck the fun and tension out of the game.

I can see the thought process behind the card, but I am afraid it may not have the desired effect in practice.
If the hunted player who owns the card thinks that the hunted team has a better chance of winning there is no reason for him to play his Hybrid card.
There is also no reason for a punishement effect: having one less member less on the Hunted side and one more on the Creature side has little effect on the game.
Sure Hunted players will have less possibility to trigger location cards effects but they will also have more have a better chance of not being caught (fewer location cards played), and the creature's side will not have more power because they just cooperate to make their decisions (there are not two creatures but 2 players who play the same creature)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kubilay savran
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Metadna wrote:
StrangeQuark wrote:
Metadna wrote:
Pale Blue wrote:
I don't think Hybrid is a fun card. If you have it on hand you either feed the creature intentionally and then play this card to join it or you play against your own interest and play as normal, before playing it, sabotaging yourself. If you play normally with the intention to not play it any other card would be more useful.

There might be potential to explore this concept further eg. you are forced to play it the moment it is dealt to you or make it a hunt card that converts a successful hunted in a creature. You should probably also try to balance the fact that the creature side gets an additional token by moving the assimilation marker back a few spaces or the rescue marker forward.
the subtleties of play brought by the hybrid card lies in the constant threat of a "potential betrayal" + for the card owner: it's source of dilemmas or internal manipulation, this is not apparent without having tried it
I think Pale Blue has a valid point here. For people who are more concerned with winning the game than thematic immersion (and there are quite of few of those out there), there is no incentive to be loyal. They can even betray openly, as the Hunted have no way of stopping or punishing them (unless this expansion adds such a way?). They can just go ahead and 'Give up' a few turns in a row and even tell the Creature where to catch them, before finally playing the card. This is a surefire way to suck the fun and tension out of the game.

I can see the thought process behind the card, but I am afraid it may not have the desired effect in practice.
If the hunted player who owns the card thinks that the hunted team has a better chance of winning there is no reason for him to play his Hybrid card.
There is also no reason for a punishement effect: having one less member less on the Hunted side and one more on the Creature side has little effect on the game.
Sure Hunted players will have less possibility to trigger location cards effects but they will also have more have a better chance of not being caught (fewer location cards played), and the creature's side will not have more power because they just cooperate to make their decisions (there are not two creatures but 2 players who play the same creature)

I like the card really but have to agree with the 2 others whoever draws the card wins the game he will
Keep letting himself get caught and of himself as much as possible
So that the creature is needing only one point then group up with the creature so the creature needs only 1 point and that is possible in 3 turns depending on the player count


Ps are are only assholes in my table so yeah we would abuse this card non stop

But nice idea
Ways to force it

If one draws this card he has to play it right away

Lose 1+ step for every other player then join the creature and let him use the other marker as the second creature the whole time

Or
He can only use it on another players of his team
Kinda like a sacrifice
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls